AMC's "Breaking Bad"

Blitz

"Everyone is Meryl Streep with a gun pointed to their head."

Mike-centric season is awesome.

Guest mr. potato head

NO LANDRY NO

We all knew it was coming!

Non-spoiler question I've been pondering: Should we really be at all surprised at how Walt's treated Skyler? From what I remember of the first few episodes, it's not like they seemed particularly in love with each other anymore.

NO LANDRY NO

We all knew it was coming!

Non-spoiler question I've been pondering: Should we really be at all surprised at how Walt's treated Skyler? From what I remember of the first few episodes, it's not like they seemed particularly in love with each other anymore.

She gave him a handy once. She tries more than most in that situation.

I blame Coach Eric Taylor. You call a kid the wrong name for years, it causes him to snap. Turns him into a bloodthirsty, sociopath. Landry is like Marlo Stanfield, you know he's dropping bodies, you just need a Lester Freamon (or ASAC Hank Schroeder) to find where he's hiding them.

Poor Lance, it's not your fault.

Guest mr. potato head

Mike has to pay his guys, Mike can't be out no matter what he says I don't think and I can definitely smell Walt bringing up Gus's killing of kids as a counter-point to Mike claiming his problems with it and causing a tremendous argument.

Which could lead to...

"He ordered that kid on the bike shot. He tried to poison Brock."

"...no he didn't."

Holy shit.

That entire time at the end I was thinking this is where Todd's gonna die, he's gonna fall off or get ran over or something, then he makes it off and I was right there with Jesse - YEEEEEEAH, BITCH! and then that kid. And Todd. Welp, now Todd's definitely dead.

Also

"Out burying bodies?"

"Robbing a train."

and

"I've done this long enough to know there are two kinds of heists. Those where the guys get away with it, and those that leave witnesses."

Hooly shiiiit.

I think at least one person has to be killed by ricin before the show ends. They've cock teased it too much for it not to happen. Tuco, the drug dealers, Gus, Brock, somebody has to get killed with it! Especially since Walt took special care to hide and keep it.

rsz_skylersmoking.jpg

That doesn't make sense. The ricin in a cigarette is only for safekeeping. It's not like someone will light it up and puff away until the ricin gets smoked into their lungs.

As for last night's episode...

HO.LY.SHIT. Those last 15 minutes were some of the craziest yet. I was of the few that believed Todd was totally gonna die due to the train leaving, but something was nagging at me to believe he was gonna make it considering there seems to be an interest in expanding his character. Him shooting the kid was just so out of this world bonkers, I didn't see it coming at all! But it totally makes sense, and something tells me that Mike is gonna get very angry about it, but realize he can't be a hypocrite. He said it himself, there are only two types of heists, and we all know which one works in their favor. Speaking of the kid, was anyone else expecting him to find something left behind from the RV in season 1 in the cold open? Maybe that tape that Jesse made of Walt cooking? That would've been crazy.

Random notes...

I didn't get a chance to talk about last week's episode, but I totally called that Lydia had nothing to do with planting the tracking device on those barrels. She's not that great an actress to start reacting the way she did. (Lydia not the actress that plays her.) Though, Lydia is still probably gonna die an awful, awful death just because I get the feeling that Vince Gilligan doesn't like her very much.

Have you guys noticed that whenever Bill Burr is around, awesome stuff happens? For a comedian that hasn't acted much, he's always fantastic on Breaking Bad.

And speaking of comedians, no Saul this week made me sad, but if it takes less Saul to get more awesome-idea Jesse, I'll take it.

And Skyler telling Walt that she is willing to be any kind of partner he wants creeped me out a little. It's always so tense when Skyler and Walt in the same room together.

Hank is getting way too close to that baby. I fear for him.

I fear for everyone. At this point, I feel like half the cast will be dead by the finale and at least one major death before the season goes on hiatus.