AMC's "Breaking Bad"

Blitz

I'm trying to comprehend Jesse's reaction after Walt leaving the money for him. Anyone have any idea where they're going with it?

Jesse thought Walt was going to kill him or something. Walt then gave Jesse the money and after Walt left Jesse realised what he'd almost done (Jesse went and grabbed a gun when he saw it was Walt at the door, then you saw Jesse drop the gun after Walt had left)

Thanks. Missed that stuff.

Anyone else expecting Jesse to get blown away during that?

Oh, man, yes. Well, I mean, I didn't know what to expect, but it was definitely an awkward, tense moment that had me on the edge of my seat, hoping that nothing happened to Jesse.

I hope it isn't just as simple as Hank catching Walter. If Hank gets Walt he'll have to get Skylar too.

And if Hank catches Walt, what does that mean about his perceived ability as a cop (that Walt was right under his nose the whole time), or about his taking Walt's money to pay for his rehab?

I'm fairly certain Hank doesn't actually know that Walter paid for his hospital bills. Marie kept this secret, I believe, from Hank and told him that insurance "covered" it.

Edited by Haloheadfire

I hope it isn't just as simple as Hank catching Walter. If Hank gets Walt he'll have to get Skylar too.

And if Hank catches Walt, what does that mean about his perceived ability as a cop (that Walt was right under his nose the whole time), or about his taking Walt's money to pay for his rehab?

I'm fairly certain Hank doesn't actually know that Walter paid for his hospital bills. Marie kept this secret, I believe, from Hank and told him that insurance "covered" it.

That's going to be a tough sell once an investigation starts rolling and people follow the money.

As for the book...

I doubt Walt even knew that was even written in there. He doesn't seem like the type to pay much mind to that sort of thing.

That's going to be a tough sell once an investigation starts rolling and people follow the money.

As for the book...

I doubt Walt even knew that was even written in there. He doesn't seem like the type to pay much mind to that sort of thing.

There's no way Walt didn't know about the note at the start. It's 100% ego validation and someone who knows the science giving Walt the respect and recognition he thinks he deserves.

Concerning the final half season, seemingly eons from now:

I feel the obvious route right now is that Hank will waffle about going in for the arrest, which will give the returning cancer enough time to decimate Walt, who dies just as Hank and company move in for the capture. I feel like we may not even see Walt in the first couple episodes back, but if this show's writing has shown anything, it is that we have absolutely no idea what will go down.

It's hard to really understand where the show goes from here, which is wonderful. There are so many factors that play into so many possible scenarios at play here.

We know Walt has cancer again. This has, obviously, affected him. Did he quit the meth business now that it's back? Seems like the best possible reason. But there are so many possible ways this could go.

I get the feeling that his promise to Skyler (that should would like him again before all this is over) is actually a message to viewers. At this point, Walt has done some reprehensible things that have made us hate him, but by the end of this we're going to be sad to see him go. He was the anti-hero, turned villain and now he is striving to be a hero again. Will he work with Hank to take down something bigger instead of have Hank gun him down? It's possible. The gun in the trunk could be used as protection in a sting.

Then there's the other scenario. The Scarface scenario. We all know how that one goes. Lots of dead bodies, and Walt's is the last of them all with no clear indication as to who will end up on top. Hank? Jesse? Todd?!?!?!?!

I'm trying to rack my brains to figure out any indications of anything that might lead to Walt getting killed. There are so many loose ends that can come to bite him in the ass after quitting the meth business: Lydia, Todd, the nazis. And then there's the matter of Walt's meth business being discovered by the DEA, which would have him end up killed. And then the dark horse in Jesse, who still doesn't know about Jane, Brock, and Mike.

And, of course, the ricin.

So many scenarios, so far away. I'm so sad that it's a year away. These make me a lil happier though:

waltmeth.jpeg

xoxogale.jpeg

bertbb.gif

hanksplash-650x361.jpg

It's weird that we gotta wait a year. I read somewhere that production starts again in November. If so, that means they'll be done filming episodes around February, the latest. Which means there would be months in between filming the last episode and when they premiere. Dangerous and rarely done due to news leakage and such.

I honestly think its just AMC trying to cram as many Emmy wins as possible before the show ends because that's really the only reason I can see why they would wait a year between the half-seasons. And if that's the case, I don't think they should be making decisions based on stuff like that.