2012 MLB Thread

Amazing to think that's the first no-no in Mets history. Both the franchise and Santana needed that kind of affirmation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Johan just completely self-destructs following this. It's the Mets way. dry.gif

Fantasy update, since that thread is seemingly dead. Spoiler'd for people who don't want to deal with fantasy stuff.

Beat MPH's 3rd place team and barring a huge cock-up (likely), I'll manage to beat JStarr's 7th place team the following week. Unfortunately, just as I gain Allen Craig back (with no guarantee he'll be as torrid as he was before the hammy), I lose Markakis. This team just cannot stay healthy. No matter! We march on towards our rematch with Sara's Evil Communist Baseball Team of Evil!

Quick question I'd like some feedback on...

In my fantasy league I'm running with the following rotation:

Matt Garza

Zack Greinke

C.J. Wilson

David Price

Josh Johnson

Yovanni Gallardo, Chris Sale and James McDonald are free agents and I'm flirting with the idea of swapping one of my guys for one of them. Garza has been struggling lately and Josh Johnson has been up and down (although has been better lately). So basically I'm asking: WWEWBD? What Would EWB Do?

Matt Garza

Zack Greinke

C.J. Wilson

David Price

Josh Johnson

Yovanni Gallardo, Chris Sale and James McDonald are free agents and I'm flirting with the idea of swapping one of my guys for one of them. Garza has been struggling lately and Josh Johnson has been up and down (although has been better lately). So basically I'm asking: WWEWBD? What Would EWB Do?

Drop Garza and Johnson for Sale & McDonald, at most. Gallardo's stats are consistent with your better pitchers, but the worst of the three you're looking at. That said, none of your guys are doing terribly (though I gave up on Josh Johnson pretty quickly.)

Matt Garza

Zack Greinke

C.J. Wilson

David Price

Josh Johnson

Pick up Sale, drop Garza. He's the real deal and will get you a lot of numbers now, though late in the season he'll be shut down.

The beauty of fantasy baseball is that there will be someone available late in the season to cover for losing Sale in September.

The NL East should not have been this competitive. All five teams are only 3.5 games separated, all over .500. The AL East is the only comparable division right now. Craziness.

Edit: Fantasy baseball inanity:

As predicted, I've commenced the fecal destruction of my sleeping arrangements. Not least of which because Zambrano pitched a gem of a game...while on my bench.

I'm now the worst team that's actually playing in this league. Intercourse everything.

I wonder what the Mets' management's level of committment is for a playoff run this year. If they remain in the hunt by the trade deadline what sort of move do they make? Are they willing to part ways with some solid prospect in exchange to boost the lineup for a run this year?

It's kind of fascinating stuff because the team originally looked like it was in the rebuilding phase but now looks like a legitimate playoff contender.