2012 MLB Thread

Of course, being a sports fan in Seattle is pretty much all about trying to enjoy yourself in the face of inevitable disappointment.

So much like living in Seattle then? -_-

I'm not even sure what the joke you're trying to make is. Is it weather-related? You're not good at this.

• Like 1

It would have worked if he was making fun of a place like Detroit or Cleveland, but everyone loves Seattle.

At least Detroit wins major championships and succeeds a lot. The only thing Cleveland has done of any significance in the past 60 years was The Miz winning the WWE Championship.

But anywhoo, Cole Hamels signs a 6-year extension, $140 million to stay with the Phillies.

Well what better way to relaunch your franchise and open a new stadium than with a huge fire sale?

If you're rebuilding, why the hell would you sign Jose Reyes to a huge contract? Stupid Marlins are stupid, and they'll still probably win another World Series in the next decade.

Angels better make a run this year, because their very average farm system just lost 3 of it's best 10 for a 2 month rental. Makes them a shit load better though without having to hope for a Haren turnaround to be dangerous in October. With that line-up plus Weaver/Greinke/Wilson you gotta like their chances as much as anyone else in baseball right now.

I am starting to get really, really, really excited about my Reds. 8 game win streak?!

As a Phillies fan, let me say the law of averages will kick in soon. You'll lose big soon :shifty: