The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

We aren't transferring though?

Hey Ace, can you pick me up on your way down? I need a lift, and I have the BEST car games. And okay, I'll play in the hole if necessary, but I'll still be a prima donna if I don't get the highest wage.

We aren't transferring though?

Hey Ace, can you pick me up on your way down? I need a lift, and I have the BEST car games. And okay, I'll play in the hole if necessary, but I'll still be a prima donna if I don't get the highest wage.

Not if that's your car game you bloody well can't.

• Like 3

Apparently Spurs are after hijacking the Joe Allen deal after we had a £12m bid rejected, so you can all divert your lambasting at Daniel Levy now. Assuming, of course, there is any more substance to this than most other transfer "rumours" that crop up on these slow news days.

Also, rumours are that Doni was released on Thursday. That would explain why he isn't on the US tour and why we're supposedly looking at de Vries from Wolves.

I just remembered that United paid about 17m (or just short) for Phil Jones, so that makes the Joe Allen deal seem quite a bit more realistic I'd say. Rodgers should just offer 15m and be done with it >_>.

Former Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko has called time on his playing days in order to pursue a career in politics.

The 35-year-old frontman, who played for Ukraine at Euro 2012, revealed the news late on Friday night in a statement released by his club, Dynamo Kiev.

"This will probably shock everyone," Shevchenko told the club's official website.

"My future will no longer be in football. I will give more information tomorrow (today) but I will be going into politics.

"I hope for your support."

Shevchenko earned his reputation as one of Europe's most prolific strikers in two successful spells with AC Milan.

During his combined time with the Rossoneri, he scored 175 goals in 322 appearances and helped them lift the UEFA Champions League in 2002-03 and the Serie A title the following season.

His two stints with Milan sandwiched a three-year spell at Chelsea, although he struggled to make his mark at Stamford Bridge.

Shevchenko also won five league trophies with Dynamo having started - and now ended - his career there and is the all-time leading goalscorer with Ukraine's national team, netting 48 goals in 111 matches.

• Admin

West Ham have reached an agreement for the transfer of Real Mallorca defender Ivan Ramis to Upton Park. According to the Spanish club, the 27-year-old can have a medical with West Ham although no fee has been mentioned.

Dan Harding has joined Nottingham Forest on a three-year deal from Southampton for an undisclosed fee. Forest have also signed midfielder Adlene Guedioura and defenders Danny Collins and Greg Halford in the last week since Sean O'Driscoll was appointed manager.

Former Hearts midfielder Ian Black has signed a three-year contract with Rangers, who have secured Andy Little on a similar deal. Black was a free agent after his Tynecastle contract ended this summer. Little was contracted to Rangers before the club was relaunched by a new company but he too was out of contract. The registration of both players cannot be completed until Friday but they could play as trialists in the Ramsdens Cup match against Brechin on Sunday.

Winger Erik Huseklepp has departed Portsmouth to leave the troubled League One club with only four senior players. Huseklepp joined Pompey from Italian team Bari in August 2011 and has now joined Norwegian club Brann. Huseklepp's departure leaves only Tal Ben Haim, Dave Kitson, Liam Lawrence and Kanu remaining at Fratton Park.

Bristol Rovers manager Mark McGhee has confirmed Mustapha Carayol is on the verge of joining Middlesbrough.