The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Not to complement each other, to be part of a, IIRC, formation change Benitez wanted to implement. Also Benitez wasn't keen on Xabi Alonso at the time, everyone remembers how great Xabi was in his last year and probably his first but the in between were not so hot.

If Rodgers signs either nobody or just Dempsey tonight, then I'm sorry but Liverpool are screwed.Or it'll look that way at least.

I wouldn't say screwed, but not looking brilliant. It would leave our squad looking very thin. And as good of a prospect as Morgan may be, I wouldn't want to look t him as our third choice striker and our main "off the bench" attacking option. We need a striker. Has Michael Owen signed for anyone :shifty:

Owen and Heskey round 2. :shifty:

Or we could resign Fowler...actually I wouldn't be opposed to that

What's Karl Heinz Reidle up to now?

Owen and Heskey round 2. :shifty:

Or we could resign Fowler...actually I wouldn't be opposed to that

What's Karl Heinz Reidle up to now?

And the 13 shirt is free, it's fate!

• Admin

Getafe's Venezuelan forward Miku is apparently set to join Celtic. Good signing if it happens.

Reports indicate that Ivan Klasnic is set to join Deportivo La Coruna after leaving Bolton.

Italian football expert James Horncastle: "Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis is a movie producer. He has a penchant for showmanship. Remember how he unveiled new signing Gokhan Inler last summer in a lion's mask? Well, tonight he might have gone one better.

"At the beginning of a press conference called to reveal the future of star striker Edinson Cavani, he opened with a sombre look on his face. "At times marriages come to an end," he said. "Unfortunately Edi wants to go to England, to that cold city of Manchester, and there's a plane ready to take him there." Cavani is sitting next to him in a fit of the giggles and has to interrupt the charade. "What plane!," he said. "I am staying at Napoli." Delighted, De Laurentiis then turns to him and says: "Well sign then! Bring me the contract." Cavani goes on to put pen to paper in front of the cameras then they hold up his No.7 shirt with 2017 written on the back.

"Wonderful stuff. Ingenious. Any club interested in Cavani will now have to pay the buy-out clause included in his new contract, which is said to be around €60m. Napoli deserve credit. Tying now Cavani, a player widely considered to be one of the best strikers in the world, is maybe the best piece of business done by an Italian club on deadline day."

:lol:

Bryan Oviedo is now an Everton player while Joe Cole is set to stay at Anfield.

Adam the Coppinger deal is just a loan until January, for now.

Bring back Kenny Dalglish! ...Again.... As a player. Fuck it, bring Paul Dalglish too.

Ian St. John is still alive, I'm sure he could get us a couple.

Tony Fernandes is rich as fuck and Air Asia are posting good results. No reason why QPR would be fucked.

And the co-owner is the 21st richest man in the world: http://en.m.wikipedi.../Lakshmi_Mittal

Wait... I thought QPR were owned by the F1 blokes?

Eccleston and Briatore sold up a year ago to Fernandes. Mittal has been co-owner for a while.

Fernandes is the owner of the Caterham F1 team so they're still in charge by an F1 bloke.

Also, Spurs are in for James Tomkins from West Ham.