European Football Thread

IAceI

Well the first semi-finalist of the 2014/2015 Portuguese League Cup has been found and it is Marítimo from Madeira after beating Gil Vicente 1-0 and benefiting of the shocking 3-2 loss Estoril suffered in Covilhã with the local Sporting which is in the Portuguese Liga 2.

Final Classification of Group B:

1st Marítimo Madeira 7 PTS

2nd Sporting Covilhã 6 PTS

3rd Estoril 4 PTS

4th Gil Vicente 0 PTS

I don't mind doing it. Heck I will do it some later as there is some Portuguese League Cup matches today. If you wanna ask about a specific player or team feel free to do it. I will probably do the same regarding other leagues like the Premier League or even the MLS.

How are doing Boavista doing rebuilding from the Apito Dourado thing?

I don't mind doing it. Heck I will do it some later as there is some Portuguese League Cup matches today. If you wanna ask about a specific player or team feel free to do it. I will probably do the same regarding other leagues like the Premier League or even the MLS.

They are doing nicely with what little budget they have. Currently they are at 13th in the Standings 5 points ahead of relegation. They are also playing the current group stage of the League Cup in Sporting's group. They don't play today though. They also just hired a former Porto player in Slovak Marek Cech.

• Like 1

They are doing nicely with what little budget they have. Currently they are at 13th in the Standings 5 points ahead of relegation. They are also playing the current group stage of the League Cup in Sporting's group. They don't play today though. They also just hired a former Porto player in Slovak Marek Cech.

Good signing, I remember him from his time at West Brom.

And finalist from Group A is Benfica. Really happy as you can guess as we beat Moreirense 2-0 And scored a perfect scorecard 3 victories in 3 matches:

Group A

1st SL Benfica 9 PTS

2nd Moreirense 4 PTS

3rd Arouca 3 PTS

4th Nacional da Madeira 1 PT

Group C and D have two more Match Days to go though. Sporting lost to Belenenses in Restelo 3-2, Vitoria de Setúbal beat Vitoria de Guimarães 2-0.

In the Sporting match well I guess to you Scots the goals were scored by Scotland's Little Messi Ryan Gauld ex-Dundee United. Really talented young player.

The standing is as follows:

1st Sporting 6 PTS

2nd Belenenses 5 PTS

3rd Vitoria de Setúbal 4 PTS

4th Boavista 1 pt

5th Vitoria de Guimarães 0 pt

Still very open between the two Lisbon teams and my hometown club Vitoria de Setúbal.

Finally on Group D Porto and Braga scored a 1-1 draw while Académica scored a suprise win on Rio Ave 1-0:

The standings:

1st FC Porto 7 PTS

2nd Sporting Braga 4 PTS

3rd Académica 3 PTS

4th União 3 PTS

5th Rio Ave 0 PT

Porto is close to qualify just needs to draw with Académica. Though Academica needs to beat both FC Porto and União to qualify.But man was the match with Braga nasty one red card for each side and both goals were penaltys.

• Like 1

So Ronaldo went a bit apeshit tonight. He threw a punch ,got away with it then threw another one and a kick to go with it before getting sent off.

He then dusted off his World Champion badge as he walked off the pitch.

B8Jfr3rCcAAmZah.png

Switch Ronaldo to heel, no need to change his cocky gimmick! :lol:

Edited by TCO

• Admin
Fifa is investigating Real Madrid's youth transfer policy and has asked the club for information on 51 players.
Club director Emilio Butragueno confirmed Fifa had asked the Spanish Federation for documents relating to transfers over the last five years.
Butragueno said the club was "absolutely calm" about its behaviour.
Fifa handed Barcelona a transfer ban until 2016 after they breached regulations when signing 10 players aged under 18 to their academy in 2013.
In a statement, Real Madrid said the majority of the 51 players world football's governing body had asked for information on were exempt from regulations for various reasons.
Among the exemptions the club pointed to was the fact that 10 players were Spanish nationals and 23 foreign players had already been registered with a Spanish club.
Fifa rules state international transfers are only permitted for players over the age of 18 - unless the player in question meets one of three qualifying criteria.
Under-18s can move to a club in a different country if their parents move there for non-footballing reasons, if they are from another nation within the European Union or European Economic Area and aged between 16 and 18, or if they live within 100km of the club.
On Thursday, Real Madrid completed the £2.3m signing of 16-year-old Norway midfielder Martin Odegaard from Stromgodset.
Their La Liga rivals Barcelona are not allowed to sign any players in 2015 after their appeal against their transfer ban was dismissed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport in December.