Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Levitt would be more than fine as a younger Dr. Strange.

If they don't mind going with an older actor though, I'd love to see Dylan McDermott get the opportunity. I think he's a much better actor than he's given credit for, and I think he would suit the role. He's got good comedic timing, even when playing a role that demands a very serious tone.

A lot of people wouldn't be sold that he could carry it on his own, but if it's a smaller budget movie, or if they put him in with some other heroes or names, I think it's as safe a bet as any other. I do believe he could carry it himself if he had to, though.

Iron Man is an older actor. Why can't Strange be too? Plus, McDermott is in amazing physical shape.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. Neeson isn't bad, but honestly, he's both too big a star in terms of money and recognition. I want my heroes to by guys that make (or remake) their names on these characters, so I don't already think of them as others. I know they're doing it mostly for money reasons, but I love that Marvel goes for the lesser known stars. I'd sooner they found someone awesome that no one has heard off rather than a big celebrity who'd just cause scheduling problems and cost tons because they've already got a big career outside of the franchise.

All of that is one of the reasons I keep suggesting that Aldis Hodge is the perfect choice for Black Panther because he meets all of the requirements. Well, that and the fact that he's just awesome!

Seriously though, if we're casting 40-somethings for Doctor Strange, it's Kyle Chandler or bust. I don't even care if he doesn't look anything like the comics, that man is an acting machine and deserves a massive role like that.

League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen TV series is by the guy who did the Green Lantern movie. It can go fuck itself even harder than it already should have been doing.

• Like 1

You all who dogged me for not liking it in theaters should know that I watched Avengers again last night and enjoyed it a lot more in the comfort of my own home than I did paying a hojillion dollars for at a theater. :shifty:

League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen TV series is by the guy who did the Green Lantern movie. It can go fuck itself even harder than it already should have been doing.

Bahahahahahahaha.

It's like they just wanted to say "FUCK YOU" to Alan Moore one more time.

• Like 3

Livid shouldn't be allowed to make casting suggestions anymore.

The only requirement Aldis Hodge meets as far as playing the Black Panther is concerned is his skin color. He'd need to put on at least 50 pounds and hit a gym for six months. And he doesn't exactly come off as the regal type. T'challa is a king, and as much as I love him as an actor, I can't see Aldis Hodge playing a ruler....unless he does a remake of Coming To America and plays Eddie Murphy's part. Anthony Mackie, who is playing the Falcon in Captain America 2 would make a better Black Panther than Aldis Hodge. Wesley Snipes was rumored to play the Black Panther before he played Blade, and that would have been interesting.

My choice for the Black Panther is the same actor I'd like to see play the role if they ever make the Doctor black on Doctor Who: Idris Elba.

Kyle Chandler as Doctor Strange? What the hell?! Makes about as much sense as doing a third Ghost Rider movie with Seth Green as Danny Ketch and David Faustino as Noble Kale. So let me cast the rest of that Doctor Strange movie for you: Fisher Stevens as the Ancient One (Early Edition reunion, bitches!), Emo Phillips as Dormammu, Stone Cold Steve Austin as Wong, and Beyonce as Clea.

I agree with Gabriel about Dylan McDermott. He'd make a damn good Doctor Strange. But even Dean McDermott would be a better choice than Kyle Chandler.