Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this plays with the multiple earth things cause Supergirl existing in the Arrow/Flash universe throws some big things into question. 

Why would Joe continue to think Barry's man in the lightning story was crazy when Superman comes to be?

Where the hell was Superman during the multiple times Starling City has been about to be destroyed?

Why is everyone absolutely in the dark about powers until well after particle accelerator if Superman is a thing?

• Like 2

So I've just finished the first series of the Flash (which was ace) and I've got a vague desire to pick up Arrow too even though it doesn't look anywhere near as fun. Can anyone recommend a list of episodes to get the main stuff and catch me up with Flash series 2 before I start watching it? 2 (or 3?) full seasons is way too much...

Most of season 2 with Deathstroke

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colly said:

So I've just finished the first series of the Flash (which was ace) and I've got a vague desire to pick up Arrow too even though it doesn't look anywhere near as fun. Can anyone recommend a list of episodes to get the main stuff and catch me up with Flash series 2 before I start watching it? 2 (or 3?) full seasons is way too much...

I'm sick as fuck and kind of out in space right now, but when I'm a little more grounded I'll do this.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kirkland said:

Why would Joe continue to think Barry's man in the lightning story was crazy when Superman comes to be?

Where the hell was Superman during the multiple times Starling City has been about to be destroyed?

Why is everyone absolutely in the dark about powers until well after particle accelerator if Superman is a thing?

Ah cool, didn't realise Supes was actually an acknowledged thing in Supergirl, not watched it yet.

On 2/5/2016 at 06:45, Kirkland said:

Well in response to this one, it wouldn't be so much that they were "in the dark" about powers, just the only known person to have powers is an alien

How is it every single fucking IT guy in the DCU knows how to create complex algorithms to find changes throughout an entire city, and yet every IT person I know just knows how to use Google?

Also, the landings in this are hilariously bad.

I'ma give it a chance because most superhero shows take their time to find their footing, but man I wish they could all be Daredevil or The Flash.

On 2/5/2016 at 10:19, GoGo Yubari said:

I'm sick as fuck and kind of out in space right now, but when I'm a little more grounded I'll do this.

To be honest, probably the difficult part is that the flashbacks are very serialized and I'm not sure if you don't lose something by skipping them. And oh wait they're all on YouTube, edited together. That's nice.

Skipping episodes in a highly serialized show like Arrow is tough, because most episodes have at lest one thing that's important. But here's my best shot at cutting the season down to at least half as long:

Spoiler

WATCH:

Episode 1 (sets up the premise, most of the main cast)

Episodes 3 - 5 (establishes Diggle, introduces Felicity, sets up conflict with police)

Episode 9 (reveals main villain for the season)

Episodes 12 - 14 (lots of build for the eventual finale, also introduces Slade Wilson)

Episode 16 (one major secret identity reveal)

Episodes 21 - 23 (THE UNDERTAKING *gonnnnnnng*)

BONUS:

If you'd like more from season 1, also watch the episodes with The Huntress, which are 7, 8, and 17. I'd say those first Huntress appearances are where the show starts to turn the corner.

For season 2, I honestly might say watch all of it? I'm sure I could compile a list of episodes that should be skipped. But I might say watch most of season 2, skip most of season 3 because it is garbage.

EDIT: Whoops, @Colly missed one plot point so I added an episode. Also I just looked through season 2 and for real, just watch all of it. It's a lot but it's worth it, especially because parts of it lay the groundwork for stuff you've seen on The Flash.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Benji said:

How is it every single fucking IT guy in the DCU knows how to create complex algorithms to find changes throughout an entire city, and yet every IT person I know just knows how to use Google?

Also, the landings in this are hilariously bad.

I'ma give it a chance because most superhero shows take their time to find their footing, but man I wish they could all be Daredevil or The Flash.

I dislike so many things about Supergirl, but there's something way too charming about Melissa Benoist as Kara, the sister relationship between Kara and Alex, Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant, how they tackle some issues without any bashfulness and (HUGE SPOILERS FOR THIS ONE, LIKE MEGA HUGE):

Spoiler

The fact that they really took the leap and went with J'onn J'onnz :wub:

So while it's in no way perfect, there are a lot of little things about it to like.

• Like 2

There's parts of it I like, but right now it's absurdly inconsistent. Also, the constant "lol we can't show Superman" stuff is getting on my tits. It's like a spectre hanging over the entire show that they tried to turn into a cutesy arty decision, and instead it's just a huge annoyance and distraction.

DC need to stop this stupid TV/movie embargo and just let the two universes exist. They already acknowledged a multiverse, so why does it even matter?

IGN have it a 7.  Said the villain was on the weak side and that Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead weren't in it enough