What was the first ever album and single you bought?

METALMAN

I remember I had Kaney buy me a NIN single around 2005 because the States rarely have singles. I don't even know why I wanted it, all it had was a bunch of remixes of The Hand That Feeds.

My first single that I bought myself was Will Smith's Men in Black back in 1997, although technically you could probably say that the Power Rangers theme, on cassette, was my first a few years before.

My first album was technically WWF The Music 4, but I always claim it was Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish.

Last album I bought was Reuben's 2 disc and a DVD We Should Have Gone To University b-sides collection.

Just realised that metalman said he was 8 when he bought Eiffel 65.

That was a cheesy dancefloor filler when it came out when I was at university. Way to make me feel ancient.

To be fair, it was also a cheesy dancefloor filler when I was at university. >_>

First single I had was whatever that song that Hanson released was. With my own money though, was Without Me by Eminem.

First album I was given was Chocolate Starfish, purely because it had The Undertaker's theme and Eminem was on the back cover. First album I bought myself was Nevermind.

I've had my parents buy me plenty of CDs before, but the first one I actually went to the store and purchased with my own money (because my parents wouldn't buy it for me) was Nelly's "Country Grammar." Boy did I feel so cool walking out of the store with a CD that had the parental advisory label on it. I still think that's a very fun album.

I think my first album purchase was WWF The Music 3.

In terms of actual bands, it was 'Origin of Symmetry' by Muse and 'Come Clean' by Puddle of Mudd at the same time. The record stores wouldn't allow me to buy explicit content albums like Limp Bizkit's 'Chocolate Starfish' for the longest time so I have been a filthy little downloader since the WinMX days.

Never bought a single before iTunes came around, meaning my first one was 'Mountains' by Biffy Clyro in 2008.