The Inbetweeners USA

Stevie B

Hopefully this will go the way of the Red Dwarf and Young Ones remakes.

• 3 months later...

On E4 now if anyones remotely interested. I heard its been cancelled though, so no hope of it doing The Office thing where the first series is very similar to the UK version and then spiralling off into its own superb entity.

Edit: Never have I missed the word 'wanker' so keenly. Bus turds isn't the same.

Edited by Colly

I'm actually quite intrigued by it, and I plan to watch it at some point! Maybe I'm a masochist.

But I guess it's getting aired here out of curiosity really. Which is a shame cause there are quite a few good American programmes we don't even get that could have easily taken its place.

This could've worked if they didn't stick to the script and formula of the original so much when it's catering to a different audience and the characters themselves are different. What was made though is painful to watch for fans of the original like myself and mediocre to the everybody else.

I watched both episodes mainly with a bit of fascination as to how they'll deal with certain events and being disappointed for the most part (is it wrong that I thought the kids on the rollercoaster didn't look 'special' enough?). I did chuckle at the cleaning the driveway bit when Neils dad drove past grinning, though that sadly means he's going to be played as obviously gay for comic purposes rather than Alex Macqueen's (off of The Thick of It etc) brilliance.

Think its the acting that lets it down, they just aren't very good at it. Loudness can't compensate for comic timing. Might keep watching even if just to see what the American equivalent of Bumder is.