The Inbetweeners USA

Stevie B

COR BLIMEY BRUV 'AVV YEW SEEN MOI STAPLAH OH LAWKS IT RAFFER APPEARS TEW BE IN A JELLY

That's what the first episode of the original Office sounds like to us.

• Like 8

Yeah, that is shite. Just so bad.

To be fair, a lot of British people have the mentality that American's can't do comedy because they don't get subtlty or wit, so it's not like we're at all saints in this argument. But I really don't understand why, after the success of the show in the UK (it's huge, the movie did something like £34 million at the box office in a few weeks, which is crazy for any film which isn't Mamma Mia I think) that they can't give it a shot on a bigger network.

This has to be the worst American remake ever, and I say that having only seen that trailer and an interview with the cast at some MTV awards.

It's like they've totally missed the point on every single facet of the show. Tremendous work.

I feel my misgivings based on the initial promo photo in the general TV thread may well be vindicated now, after being royally yelled at because 'US remakes aren't always shit!'. No, they aren't, but this is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...