Sleeping Dogs.

FLiam

The Wedding Mission has to go to a point to start it. When it starts, your objective is "Pick up your tux", which is where you start the mission. Just a point for a pointless load

Pretty sure, having just completed said Wedding Mission, the entire reason for starting at getting your tux, is to throw suspicion on Jackie, because he came late. I'm anticipating a double-cross there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished this. Was a great game, but what was the point of money? I bought pretty much anything I could ever need including dozens of massages and hundreds of pork buns and ended the game with over 900,000 left. I get that you can buy vehicles, but why would you? Cars are free!

Theres achievements for buying all the cars from the garages, and for purchasing every piece of clothing available. You still have a metric fuckton of cash left over.

It is now out in Japan. Thinking about it although I've read, as usual, Japan gets rid of a few naughtier scenes and adds in something that makes it bad for you to kill civilians.

Also it keeps English and Cantonese but adds Japanese subtitles. Is there much Cantonese because I wouldn't want to miss out through not being able to understand if I do get it.

In the english version at least, 90% of the time they speak english. There is the odd cantonese word thrown in, but its in the middle of an english sentence, like they were swearing or whatever. And there always a subtitle pop up to let you know what they mean. I've only encountered one character that speaks in full cantonese and even then everyone else replies to her in english. And there were subtitles. So I imagine you will be fine!

• 5 months later...

I picked this up a few days ago for about £15 and just finished the final mission, it's certainly a lot more fun than Saints Row 2 and the city feels a lot more alive (per square mile) than GTA IV.

The story was excellent, just a little longer than the Batman games but a much more refined plot than anything I've played recently, that and the collectables on the minimap makes it a lot easier to just explore and pick up everything from an area on foot.

I guess the only problem I had with this was that the game seemed to hold my hand a lot; yes, if you didn't level up your health you'd get ripped apart in the gunfights/knife fights early on... but just like the batman games, once you work out that countering is better than hitting anyone directly then it becomes PRESS Y TO CONTINUE.

I'm just surprised that the hype for this disappeared into nothingness after the first few weeks, then again I confused this game with watch_dogs for ages <_<

• 9 months later...

So basically, this game still holds up as F'ing amazing, and if you didn't know from your XBOX Dashboard, the game is available for FREE for a limited time right now, for all XBOX Gold Members. If you love GTA style games, this was MADE for you. I am a huge advocate of how awesome this game is, how well it is put together, and the variety of missions and mission types.

But yeah, main point: game is free for XBOX Gold Members via download if you are interested. I downloaded it since I don't really care for paying new-release prices for games I know I'll get later for a much cheaper price. When I saw this, I jumped on it ASAP and have been addicted since I've started playing.

• Like 1