Sleeping Dogs.

FLiam

Mmmph! This game! It just keeps doing it for me. Time spent between missions makes you feel more accomplished than I ever did in GTA or Saints Row, collectibles stand out well and are fun to hunt down, when you're inside buildings the map makes it very clear which doors are good to come and go from.

Yeah I don't regret this for a second.

EDIT: Heh. I just made a getaway from the cops on one mission, it was totally unscripted but epic. At the end I crashed the vehicle I had stolen into the side of a building and got out and started legging it. As I came around I saw a redhead woman tourist pull out her phone, take pictures of the accident and then put the phone away.

Really enjoyed what I played of this so far, though it might be partially the lack of decent new games. It's been fun as hell, I can see myself playing a lot over the next few weeks, probably until Borderlands 2 comes out at least. It doesn't reinvent the sandbox game, but it's got a lot of little things that you don't see in others and the hand to hand combat is a lot more fun than constant shooting. Gunplay works well enough, I'm mostly hoping it's not the main bulk of the game though. I've heard others say it took them ages to find a gun, I ended up accidently doing a mission earlier than intended (I think) and it gave me a Pistol against like, 17 people.

The story is the best part, it's the first time I've really been all that interested in a sandbox's story because it doesn't feel like the same shit we've had over and over since GTA:SA. Plus Emma Stone. :wub:

Just picked up a used copy at Gamestop for 45 bucks...they said they had just gotten it in yesterday..guy pre-ordered it, then got it again as a gift. Hell I don't care..I got a new game less then a week after its been out for 45 bucks..

And yes..the game is awesome. The story has pulled me in. As Ruki pointed out the wedding mission is amazing

Holy crap. You can put people in car trunks.

I proceeded to have fun with this for like, an hour.

I hope GTA V rips this off.

And they put it in multiplayer.

And we do it to Ruki.

And drive said car into the ocean.

• Like 1

And we do it to Ruki.

And drive said cartruck into the ocean.

And we do it to Ruki.

And drive said car into the ocean.

LL Trunk Tours just for Ruki.

So, are there any bad/annoying factors about Sleeping Dogs? After the rave reviews I'm hearing from most everywhere, I might have to take the plunge soon.

GPS kinda sucks. Destinations to start missions are meaningless. Had one mission that had me to go the Bam Bam Club t ostart the mission. The cut scenes were at a completely different location, but when it started I was at the Bam Bam Club

The Wedding Mission has to go to a point to start it. When it starts, your objective is "Pick up your tux", which is where you start the mission. Just a point for a pointless load

Also, I think the gunplay controls are rather annoying, but since the focus of the game is more hand to hand then gunplay, its understandable

Gun controls aren't the best, but it's not like it's unpolished, just that the focus isn't really meant to be on guns. It'd only really bother you if you used guns a lot... and if you're using guns a lot, you're kind of missing out on the best part of the game.