EWBFL 13 (Online Madden League)

DYSI

The mere fact that I've managed to get this Chiefs team into the playoffs should be impressive enough. Even without the ridiculous of that game, Matt Cassel is horrible and the receiving corps is absolute garbage. Aside from Jamal Charles, they play just like a 1-9 team. So kudos to you on that Madden.

I tried to run the ball in the fourth then you decided to incessantly keep trying to score yourself when the game was so clearly out of reach that you were just trying to make the game look closer, or pad your own stats. And any passes I did throw until the very end were mostly short passes in-bounds to keep my drives going and the clock moving with crosses, slants, and zigs. I was very tame in the second half until you, at the very end, wouldn't just run down the clock - and when you did run the ball, it wasn't to "run out clock" or bring the game to a close - it was the bs sweep around Chris Johnson can do and score 7 to 15 yards every down because of his inflated speed that's virtually undefendable.

I shouldn't of used time-outs during my frenzy and I'm sorry for that, but it's a two way street. I was showing you what you had been trying to do for four minutes straight and what you had done, and would've continued to do if you hadn't thrown a bad interception in my endzone.

Incessantly keep trying to score? I don't know if you noticed, but when teams are losing they usually don't just give up. Yes it was probably out of reach but you expect me to just kneel it? Do you even watch football?

Again I wouldn't have said anything about losing. I got outplayed as the Titans defense sucks and you are the Packers. That's fine, but you were a dick about it. I can't stand playing people that needlessly run the score up just to humiliate their opponents and gloat about their stats. I play in other fair leagues and when people pull that shit they get warned or kicked. There is no reason to call time outs and keep throwing when you have that kind of lead.

It seems all you care about is padding the stats. It's what you've done all season. Seriously man why is padding the stats so important to you?

Two way steett? How does that make any sense? I did nothing "cheezy". Somehow running the ball with Chris Johnson is terrible to you? Because you couldn't stop a few outside runs you decide to try to pad the stats more.

And when you want a game to end and it to be over, you stop trying to run up stats as quickly as you physically possibly can and run plays that will lead to it being over. Not try to prolong the game as long as possible and no-huddle crazily to get as many yards and points that you can.

Seriously? Run up stats? I was down by what 30? And your complaining I wanted my team to have pride and put up a few points?

If stats is all that matters to you and running the score up against CPUs/other people is all you want I don't know why you join a league that's supposed to be fun and friendly.

Edited by mystikz
  • Like 4

syck quit the league right? I play his team this week and I just wanted to make sure I can play it when I want and not have to schedule with him. Also how long do we have?

Yeah he quit awhile back. The deadline will be set for Thursday - so get to playin'!

Since I was online anyway, here's your week 17 schedule:

Miami @ New England (Larzie)

Cleveland (Spanktooth) @ Pittsburgh (deli)

Houston @ Indianapolis (DYSI)

Jacksonville (Dan) @ Tennessee (mystikz)

Dallas (Ad) @ Washington

Chicago (Dragsy) @ Detroit (Marriott)

Green Bay (Halo) @ Minnesota

Kansas City (Maxx) @ Denver (LL)

Arizona @ San Francisco (Srar)

Playoff picture:

AFC

DYSI's Colts and deli's Steelers have clinched their divisions. Maxx's Chiefs are guaranteed a playoff spot, but the division title comes down to the last game on the road against LL's Broncos. I'm not sure how the tiebreakers work, but KC won the earlier game and has the better divisional record, so I don't know how they haven't clinched already. I believe myst's Titans and Spanktooth's Browns are in with a shout of a wildcard berth, possibly depending on each other's results. The good news is Lars' Patriots and Dan's Jaguars have no chance, so there's no hold-up once the playoffs roll around.

NFC

Packers have unsurprisingly clinched the division, the bye, the home field advantage, and the naming rights to all of your first born children because dammit, you fucking assholes won't stop trying to score on them. Srar's Niners and Ad's Cowboys have sensibly only laid claim to their divisional crowns. It gets interesting with my Bears and Marriott's Lions. A Chicago win should give them a wildcard, but there may be a tiebreaker situation should Philadelphia beat the Giants. Bears would have the better divisional record in that situation and there's no head to head result. However, should the Lions beat the Bears, there could be up to 5 teams at 7-9 (Seattle, Nawlins, Philly). Not even going to try and sort that tiebreaker out, so I'll just beat Detroit so's I don't have to worry about it :)

When's good for you Marriott? I'm on, like, now, if you're about.

EDIT: Formatting corrections because nothing's ever good enough for DYSI.

• Like 3

Since I was online anyway, here's your week 17 schedule:

Miami @ New England (Larzie)

Cleveland (Spanktooth) @ Pittsburgh (deli)

Houston @ Indianapolis (DYSI)

Jacksonville (Dan) @ Tennessee (mystikz)

Dallas (Ad) @ Washington

Chicago (Dragsy) @ Detroit (Marriott)

Green Bay (Halo) @ Minnesota

Kansas City (Maxx) @ Denver (LL)

Arizona @ San Francisco (Srar)

Playoff picture:

AFC

DYSI's Colts and deli's Steelers have clinched their divisions. Maxx's Chiefs are guaranteed a playoff spot, but the division title comes down to the last game on the road against LL's Broncos. I'm not sure how the tiebreakers work, but KC won the earlier game and has the better divisional record, so I don't know how they haven't clinched already. I believe myst's Titans and Spanktooth's Browns are in with a shout of a wildcard berth, possibly depending on each other's results. The good news is Lars' Patriots and Dan's Jaguars have no chance, so there's no hold-up once the playoffs roll around.

NFC

Packers have unsurprisingly clinched the division, the bye, the home field advantage, and the naming rights to all of your first born children because dammit, you fucking assholes won't stop trying to score on them. Srar's Niners and Ad's Cowboys have sensibly only laid claim to their divisional crowns. It gets interesting with my Bears and Marriott's Lions. A Chicago win should give them a wildcard, but there may be a tiebreaker situation should Philadelphia beat the Giants. Bears would have the better divisional record in that situation and there's no head to head result. However, should the Lions beat the Bears, there could be up to 5 teams at 7-9 (Seattle, Nawlins, Philly). Not even going to try and sort that tiebreaker out, so I'll just beat Detroit so's I don't have to worry about it :)

When's good for you Marriott? I'm on, like, now, if you're about.

EDIT: Formatting corrections because nothing's ever good enough for DYSI.

Anytime today is good for me or late Tuesday afternoon/evening, when you messaged me last night I fell asleep and left the Xbox on :P