EWBFL 13 (Online Madden League)

DYSI

Halo has admitted that he is fully aware that the Greg Jennigs he has is the pre-update version, who has almost superhuman ability in the game and has been nerfed in roster updates.

Here's the PM I got from Halo when I mentioned it was strange that no one else can seem to put up anything near the stats he has.

I could show you exactly why my offense gets so many yards comparatively to everyone else in the league and I can also show you why the game with Dragsy was so close, and at the exact same time why all the other games aren't. I can also show you why my stats are so inflated and show you the games where it's not inflated.

One guy.

Greg Jennings.

It sounds ridiculous, but I've noticed it in every game I've played this season with or without him, he makes my offense. When he was out for three weeks - I scored much less, or rather, I got a lot less yards with Aaron Rodgers and my offense was a lot less potent. Same week I played Dragsy. I didn't have Clay Matthews, Desmond Bishop, or Greg Jennings. The three main pieces of my team offensively and defensively. And I was in the middle of a phone call for the entire game with my brother about Thanksgiving. And I still won.

When Greg Jennings is on the team ... my offense is invincible. I don't even have to try besides to pick good plays - he's always open. Any streak pattern, or wheel pattern, or drag pattern, or slant pattern ... he's got such an acceleration off the line that he's open every time and blows past defenders.

After this league finishes, I won't be scoring so much with my team. I've played with different Packers teams and after the updates Greg Jennings isn't nearly as good as he was made originally for this game. I can't speak to anything else besides that, but if I played with the same Packers team after the updates, every game would be a ton closer and I might've lost my game to DYSI earlier this season, perhaps even a couple of other games like the game with the Giants against the CPU.

The difference in this game with Dragsy: I do have Greg Jennings. In both the games I played today with him, Jennings had over 100 yards and one to three touchdowns... and about a 30+ yard average per catch. It's uncanny.

So, we know we've got essentially a super charged, unstoppable Greg Jennings in the roster we're using, one that Halo claims has been nerfed in roster updates. We're not going to update the roster as it would mean restarting the season, and I don't think anyone wants that.

I propose we ban the use of Greg Jennings among any human players, effective immediately. It's the playoffs, everyone who plays Halo deserves a fair shot at beating him. After the season, Halo trades him to a CPU team if he wants to continue using the Packers.

This is supposed to be a fun, stupid little league, but this year it isn't because we have someone who everyone is complaining about. Everyone who's played Halo in a league game has said something doesn't seem right, or outright accused him of cheating. Halo's response? Righteous indignation. He seemed completely appalled anyone would dare accuse him of such things. Hell, when people got more vicious in their criticism, he had absolutely no problem responding to them by telling them how much they suck. He then decides its his turn to complain about something, coming up with ridiculous shit about Mystikz still trying to score in a blow out, or Mystikz using run plays that are hard to stop and only work with Chris Johnson. He's complaining about that when he's got a guy he knows is completely unstoppable on his team. He'll readily admit via PM that some of people's complaints against him are totally valid.

Now he's getting pissed off at Dragsy for quitting a game with him, when once again he readily admits to having a player who can't be contained and in his own words "Makes him invincible" He knows any game in which he has Greg Jennings is going to be unfair, and yet he's going to get mad when people have a problem with that? Fuck that. I don't blame Dragsy for a second for quitting the game, it's a waste of his time to play Halo, as he's never going to get a fair shot at him. Same with Srar, same with whoever has to play him in the title game, and same with anyone else who's had to face him with Jennings this year.

So, I'm asking you to do something about it and restore some degree of balance in this league. Maybe the fun with come back with it. We had a good group for this, no one had any major complaints about anyone else and we all had fun. Now we've got a guy who's pissed a bunch of people off, and then had the gall to get mad at them for accusing him of things he knew were true! I can't say I'm surprised that the only guy who's ever had someone come on the board and accuse them of stealing a bunch of money has turned out to be deceitful and kind of a prick.

But I'm not saying kick him out the league entirely, I'm just saying fix the obvious imbalance that exists and make it fair for everyone. Don't fix it, and the same shit will continue to happen next season, in which case Dragsy is definitely leaving and I probably won't be the only one who follows him.

Halo has to be the worst spirited winner ever. This whole thing is ridiculous anyway. This league is for fucking FUN. And this whole charade is sucking the fun out of it.

Anyway Maxx. I'm free from 4-10pm GMT on weekdays. And all day on weekends.

Here's what's going to go down, either A) Halo benches Jennings for the remainder of the season and decides on a new team for the season after, or B) Halo is out and we continue without him.

I'm giving you the opportunity to remain in the league with the stipulations laid out, so you can choose to stay or not.

The deadline is still Saturday and I'm not going to hold up the league over stupid shit. It's just a game for god sake.

I don't want to carry this on any longer than it needs to. But I won't tolerate being called a sore loser in this circumstance. It's been alluded to before, but on previous games, Maxx would regularly destroy me, completely take me out of the game. But I enjoyed playing, because I'd could still take some enjoyment out of the odd interception, or sack or big offensive play, because there was actually a chance I would be able to do these things. As has also been said, this is supposed to be fun, and whether it's through nefarious means, being far too super-skilled at Madden for our difficulty settings/user competence or just outright being a complete and total dickhead in the way you carry yourself in-game and in this thread, you're ruining it.

I don't want to set records every game, destroy every single opponent and win every Super Bowl for the next twenty seasons. I do want a fair shake and go into any game, regular season or playoff clash and know that there's a fair shout of a win and that my input can have a direct influence on the result of the game.

I've just read the link you posted and it seems it was a connection issue, as I mentioned last night I got a network error message, nothing to do with grieving. There wasn't a single "offsides, encroachments (or) false starts penalties," never mind excessive. So something went wrong with the connection, whatever. I won't go into detail of your perception of a drive stalling other than to say I laughed at it. Also, the interceptions came in the second game, not the first.

I'm willing to try one more time to have our playoff game, Friday night's probably going to be easiest for me, but if we're both online tomorrow, by all means we can play. Otherwise, let it sim.

Finally, sorry to all you guys for having to put up with this rubbish. Hopefully next season will be better.

I couldn't be bothered dealing with the B.S when I was set to play him for the 2nd time after playing the 1st game. I mean I normally have fun playing this as last years one was quite fun and I've never really been bothered about winning or losing, but when I played him both times I just totally sucked the fun out of it and just seeing the stats and other peoples complaints, this year hasn't been as fun. Its just felt like "Great...I have a game to play"

The thing that pisses me off is the fact that he knew what he was doing and he kept doing it, I mean we are playing a league that is meant to be fun but he's basically cheating.