EWR 2013 Stats Update: January ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

I hope you all realise that charisma is not only related to mic work.

In EWR it basically is, though. I'm pretty sure the readme/FAQs pretty much say that, don't they? It's not untill TEW that you have separate "charisma", "mic skills" and "acting" stats.

Innate physical charisma is only really expressed via the "Fonz Factor" in EWR, so it's more of a yes/no than a sliding scale.

On a separate note, I'd love to overhaul the relationships and possibly eliminate some that are out of date or whatnot. Currently, there are 7882 relationships, which I'm sure bogs down the loading times. At the same time, though, I don't want to remove legit relationships. Probably the biggest offender is the near-automatic "loyalty" relationship that we give to trainers/students. Not all trainers/students are going to have that sort of relationship IRL. The first step would be to stop adding loyalties, simply because two people have a student/trainer relationship. That would prevent the relationships from ballooning so quickly. Obviously, the next step would be to eliminate some of the ones that are in already, but we aren't able to determine that there is enough of a relationship there to determine a true "loyalty." Other things to look to remove the friendships that were added simply becase 2 workers were seen in a picture together. Again, I don't want to go overboard and remove stuff that is legit, but I do think that there are certainly some in there that probably don't need to be. Dislikes are the same and I'm sure some are probably outdated. I mean Vince McMahon currently has dislikes with Koko B. Ware, Sid Vicious and Paul Heyman. Koko is in the Hall of Fame (Only God knows why) Sid was a guest on RAW this past summer and Heyman has worked for Vince for around a year now... How much dislike can there really be there? Another thing to keep in mind is the relationships affect who you can hire and worker's morale goes down if you hire people that they dislike. Using Vince again, I doubt his morale went down when Koko was inducted, Sid was on RAW, or Heyman started working for him. IMO, that right there is 3 perfect examples of relationships that can be removed. Vince might not be best of friends with those three, but it's also pretty obvious he's not affected by any of them representing or working for his company. The main thing to keep in mind is how the relationships affect gameplay. Another dislike of Vince's is Roddy Piper. Again, whlile they probably aren't best of friends, I don't think Vince whould hesitate to bring him in for a Piper's Pit if the opportunity presented itself. However, having a dislike between them affects their in-game morale, while IRL, I doubt their morale is affected at all. Again, hopefully, this all makes sense. -Bill
On that note, this has crossed my mind before but this seems like the time to bring it up: maybe it would be worth being more stringent on what qualifies as a "Love" relationship, i.e. limiting it to actual marriages or otherwise long-standing, Sunny/Candido-type relationships? The game itself seems to support this: (from the in-game FAQ): "Love is for long-term non-marital relationships or marriages." It seems that whenever two workers are reported to be dating, or rumored to have gone on a date, or (at worst) happened to be photographed together, a Love relationship is suggested; it seems like it would save a lot of time and effort on your side and perhaps a bit of loading time on everyone's to stop adding "dating" relationships i.e. Cena/Bella that could end a month or two later and just have to be removed anyway, and cut out some of those already in the game (many of which could be outdated anyway). Obviously it's not perfect as marriages and long-term romances (i.e. DDP/Kimberly; Diamond/Dawn) always have the potential of ending too, but it might at least help matters.
This... Absolutely. Same with all relationships, just concrete proof they are Good Friends as opposed to acquaintances..... No loyalties for trainers, which really make no sense in all honnesty

Just wanted to make some more notes:

On a side note, someone should consider trying to overhaul Heartland Wrestling Association.

Kinda hard to do when their website seems to be down...

Also maybe untick Big E's menacing. Yeah he's got muscle, but he doesn't look like an imposing figure at all. I believe he's maybe 6'0 or so.

Don't necessarily have to be tall or full of muscles to be menacing... For example, when I went to Shimmer last spring, Saraya Knight scared the hell out of me, even though I'm about half a foot taller than her and she's only around 130 pounds.

WWE: Delete No Way Out. Move Over The Limit to June, Extreme Rules to May, WrestleMania to April.

I resisted doing this for the longest time, as WrestleMania has taken place in March before and WWE has at least 12 PPV's per year. Howeveer, in recent years, they've just had 2 PPV's in a month, while skipping March altogether. Since I try to get as close to reality as possible, WrestleMania has been moved to April and WWE does not have an event scheduled in March. Since, in game, you probably shouldn't skip a month without an event, the player will simply have to add one. I've overhauled a lot of the Promotions' event schedules to reflect real life as close as possible. TNA and DG-EVO are two promotions that I am sure that I have made changes to, so when starting a new game with the February update, keep that in mind.

After the February update is released, I plan to go through the relationships, as we discussed and try to get some out that probably don't need to be in. I'll likely start with the Vince McMahon relationships that I mentioned earlier, as I haven't seen anyone say that any of those are needed. Anyone wanting to help on this, feel free by making your own suggestions. I don't want to go too crazy and remove stuff that should be in, so I'll probably keep a list of those relationships that are removed and post that list at the start of the month, similar to how I've posted lists of removed workers. That way, everyone getting the update can see the list and if there's something that gets removed that shouldn't have been, we can hopefully get it back in pretty quickly.

Regarding adding backyard workers, here's my thoughts: As long as the worker has complete stats, I have no issue with adding them. As most know, I have been removing workers that I can't find info on and will continue to do so. Chances are good, some of the "old" backyard level workers that are in the game will be removed, as finding info on them today probably won't be easy. So, those wanting to play "Backyard to Global" games will have "new" backyard level workers to work with, ones that hopefully have more accurate information.

Finally, the February Update will be up sometime this weekend, probably within the next 36 hours and certainly before the Super Bowl. It's pretty much done now, the thing is, I've been doing a lot of "cleanup" work on the data and when I get to doing something, I want to finish it. Having to work on my wife's computer this month, I've done a lot of stuff that's needed done, but has been overshadowed by other, more important things in most months. This month, I've pretty much done everything that's been requested in this thread and have even cut out a few pages of backlog, on top of finding correct information for a bunch of workers that wasn't correct before. February's update will likely have 5700 workers and over 1050 staff members.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996
  • Like 1

Figured this deserved it's own post...I think we should consider adding this promotion into the game..http://www.acw-wrestling.com/

It doesn't have everybody in the game as of right now, but by the end of next month it should as I will get stats for everybody not currently in the game.

For some odd reason, here's another link with more talent not on the first website: http://anarchy-roster.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I did create stats for one guy on this roster:

Johnny Axxle

Playboy

Male, September, 26

Lightweight

http://www.acw-wrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Johnny%20Axxle%203.jpg

B 37

S 60

T 46

Stiff 32

Sell 64

Over 7

Charisma 66

Att 90

Behav 90

Check Fonz Factor.

Finishers: Cock Block (Impact), Sex Drive(Impact)

Heel, Arrogant, $3000

Add Johnny Axel as alter-ego.

Trained By: Hernandez and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Polishing by Jeremy Young and High Roller Hayze.

Edit: Straight from Mia Yim's page: http://anarchyroster.blogspot.com/2012/02/mia-yim.html

Trained By: John Kermon, Mark Bravura, Christian York, CZW Training, ROH Academy, Daizee Haze

Add a couple loyalties that she doesn't have.

Edit: Add Nicky

Nicky

Nicky

Female, September, 23

Lightweight

http://www.iyhwa.com/images/roster/nicky.jpg

B 15

S 11

T 5

Stiff 21

Sell 54

Over 4

Charisma 70

Att 90

Behav 90

Check Diva and Announcer.

Finishers: Step Up Enziguiri(Impact),

Cryptic Connected(Impact)

Heel, Seductress, $0

Add Nicola Alderton as an alter-ego.

Bill, what's your take on adding promotions? I suggested one to be added in in that quote but wanna know your take on adding them first.

.Lower Tensai's brawling to 72, raise charisma to 67 and maybe raise stiffness a bit.

Disagree strongly with lowering his brawl. If people like Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Ryback, Big E Langston, etc. can have a brawl in the low 70s based on mediocre tag matches and squashes, Tensai more than deserves his current stat of 77.

• Like 3