The 2013 Music Thread

Jimmy

I definitely see where Tristy is coming from. I don't see Relapse and forward Eminem in nearly the same light as Re-up/Encore and back Em. MMLP2 is pretty alright, I think, though. Legacy and Bad Guy struck out to me as being pretty good. Always enjoy hip hop with a nice singer in the background. Lot of cringeworthy stuff, though.

I think Lady Gaga's album has the record for 'least amount of time spent on my computer'. I downloaded, listened to the first three songs and deleted it. Completely terrible

• Like 1

I think Lady Gaga's album has the record for 'least amount of time spent on my computer'. I downloaded, listened to the first three songs and deleted it. Completely terrible

It just made me laugh a bit to see that Apsham has liked this!

Anyway, I intend to try it out sometime this week, but I'm not really expecting great things. The songs I've heard so far haven't been up to much.

Actually, I'm trying it out now. The first song is appalling. Not a great start. And the second song is just boring.

I'm usually not too bothered about lyrics in music. Unless they are exceptionally good, or incredibly bad, I don't notice them at all. These are incredibly bad. Every now and then a bit of a song seems like it is going to be okay before she says something like DO YOU WANT TO SEE ME NAKED LOVER DO YOU WANNA PEEK UNDERNEATH THE COVER which jars me right

out of it.

I don't understand how she can even consider calling the album Artpop. That would imply something that is creative or a bit original. This is neither.

• Like 2

See. It's terrible. I was always on the fence about Gaga. I thought she was pretty smart when she debuted. Now I just think she bought into her own praise and went off the deep end.

Supposedly the stuff at the end of the album is the strongest, but it's not like I'm ever gonna get it anyway unless Amazon offers it for 99 cents like they did Born This Way.

EDIT: Oh right, I finally bought Deltron 3030 Event 2 on Sunday and listened to it today, because I should probably hear the album before I go see Del live on Sunday. It's fine? A couple of the songs I think are going to grow on me, but it's clearly not nearly as good as the first. It's a little weird/disappointing that it took this long for an album that's basically structured like "here's a song that's like 3030 but not quite as good, followed by a song that's like Positive Contact but not quite as good, HERE HAVE A SKIT." With less time between this and the first album it would probably feel not as disappointing.

That being said I think on repeat listens it'll grow into a perfectly decent album. Just a pity that there's not anything as immediately "oh this is awesome" as tracks like Positive Contact, Virus, or Memory Loss.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't tend to post in here but everyone should check these out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-ch-fea&v=N3T0IDpnby8

They have a side project which is just 50s rock and roll covers and they've played in the pub I work in a few times as the cover band but this is their new single as an original band... Some of their previous stuff was really good too but they seem to have taken that down/their new manager has.

• 3 weeks later...

So Skream "remixed" This Charming Man.

https://soundcloud.com/skreamizm/the-smiths-this-charming-man

Now, Skream is quite often very good, but I honestly don't know where he gets the nerve to put out such a load of rubbish. There's absolutely no creativity or skill or anything meaningful to it. He takes away Johnny Marr's guitar - the best bit of the song - and replaces it with piano chords. And nothing else.

Then he puts a watermark over the song. As if anyone would want it. :/