The 2013 Music Thread

Jimmy

Halfway through 65daysofstatic's latest, Wild Light. Incredible.

Yes, I know I'm the only 65dos fan.I'm seeing them on a boat next week :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geMmsM43N4Y

I haven't listened to 65daysofstatic since The Destruction of Small Ideas. I think. Or was it the Hole EP. Anyways, maybe I should get back into it so you won't feel so alone!

• Like 1

They have progressively gotten less and less guitar-glitchy and more and more electronic-glitchy, but I still love everything they've done. Definitely check out We Were Exploding Anyway if you haven't yet, there's some blinders on there and I really like one of the B-sides, Memorydress.

The Naked & Famous have out-Passion Pitted Passion Pit. "Hearts Like Ours" has planted feet squarely in my ten favorite songs of '13.

Which looks like this. No particular order, because there is not enough time in the cosmos.

The National - Sea of Love

Bad Religion - Hello Cruel World

The Naked & Famous - Hearts Like Ours

Editors - What Is This Thing Called Love

Airborne Toxic Event - The Storm

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away

Jim James - State of the Art (A.E.I.O.U.)

Queens of the Stone Age - Smooth Sailing

Sigur Ros - Brennisteinn

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Subway

I really liked the first album by The Naked and Famous and just got the new one last night. Will have to listen more but the first half was good.

New Kylesa is pretty class.

It is. That band's evolution from nondescript metal band #879 to what they are now is pretty odd/interesting.

I think this is the relevant thread...if you pre-order an album on Itunes and the release date is 30th September for the UK, am i right in thinking that as soon as it is 30th September (00:01am basically), the album will become available for purchase?

Basically. If you pre-order, it will appear in your iTunes (with a cloud shape in the corner) at 00:00, meaning it's then available for immediate download.

Speaking of pre-ordering; I just pre-ordered the new Avicii album on vinyl. This is the first time I have pre-ordered anything in ages (although not because I didn't want to, in the past, but because of the monetary situation at the time). Has anybody out there even heard of Avicii? I mean, yeah, I could imagine the UK people have but how big is he in the US? Is he big at all? Because Avicii is giant huge here in Denmark; which makes sense since we are literally right next to Sweden. Also interested because I think True is honestly a pretty good album.

That's the Levels guy, right? I think I've heard a few other tracks, but Levels was pretty huge here last year.

Forgot to add, I am loving the Chvrches album, one of my favorites this year for sure.

And I caught a stream on Kerrang.com of the new one from Max Raptor (best band name ever), really good stuff.

Avicii is great if you love going to gigs to kick the shit out of people.

I went to Freefest outside DC last weekend - chock full of high school and college kids from Maryland and northern Virginia. I'm pretty sure the Robin Thicke, Pretty Lights, and Kaskade sets were just one giant pool of kids worthy of some skull cracking. Oh, and the Avett Brothers set too.