The 2013 Music Thread

Jimmy

I'm not gay, but I'm excited to listen to John Mayer's new album next month.

Paper Doll sounds a little less folksy than his Born and Raised stuff, so I'm hopeful he's found a better middle ground between his sugary early stuff and his less accessible blues & roots stuff.

Tesseract. I may have found the album to knock Bad Religion from its perch.

I haven't listened to Bad Religion's album. But I've been listening to Tesseract's and, well, good choice!

"True North" is pretty much as good as mainstream punk is going to get right now. A bit of snarl, some polish, trademark BR harmony. Doesn't hurt that every track on there is a keeper.

I'm not gay, but I'm excited to listen to John Mayer's new album next month.

Paper Doll sounds a little less folksy than his Born and Raised stuff, so I'm hopeful he's found a better middle ground between his sugary early stuff and his less accessible blues & roots stuff.

I'm looking for more of the blues and roots stuff. I don't think I'm going to be getting it.

He's talked about touring a little over the past couple of years, but that's even less likely than a new album so quickly, I'd have thought.

I believe the reissue box is already out...though mine is a review copy that I received early, so maybe it hasn't had a wider release yet? I'm pretty sure it has, though.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's a collaboration of some sort, or else a follow-up to the "Tilting & Drifting" concert.