The New Kit Thread

49ee69ba.jpg

It gets it's proper unveiling at some point today but some daft knacker went and plastered a billboard up yesterday with it on.

It is what it is, an alright kit on the merry go round of away kits. We'll have green or yellow soon enough! I probably won't buy it, as I've seen some of the training gear and I quite like the look of that in comparison. Suppose they have to be imaginative with colours, as there's only so much you can do with red and white stripes in the home shirt.

I'm more worried by the fact that the photographer probably said "act like your celebrating a goal" and clearly no one remembered how to do that.

And now ruddy Sunderland get Adidas, I'm even less happy. I do think there's an 'Invest in Africa - then lose said investment to the Middle East' joke in there somewhere though.

Perhaps just the photo, but it looks so cheap. It's probably not helped by the shirt being too big.

I prefer a plainer football shirt. The sleeve trim is ok if you have to, but the side panels, the grey slashes, the bird on the back - awful. But it's Tottenham, so why not?

The last one was great, and the previous Puma effort before that really good - although the white triangle below the collar needlessly interrupts the blue and I didn't like the shorts or that Puma gave that kit to everyone.

I know kit designers have limited scope to work within, but so many kits this year have a "for the sake of it" feel to them. The worst offender remains Barcelona, or any team with stripes who have seen them messed with and a simple, classic design ruined.

At least last season's Arsenal away kit had a familiar colour scheme if nothing else, although I prefer the traditional yellow shirt, blue trim. Easy. Purple stripes need never enter the equation. I don't buy kits, and when I see Arsenal play it's at the Emirates, so ultimately don't really care and won't have to view it in person.

But still. I don't like that at all. Two shades of a dark blue and no smaller stripes on the sleeves would've been better.