Star Trek TV

Your Mom

The only problem with that (I support the idea though), is too many people would whine about how it's "not Gene Roddenberry's vision". Whatever. The best thing to happen to Trek was Roddenberry getting kicked upstairs <_< . Imagine in Star Trek VI if instead of Valeris, it was Saavik. Pretty much same lines, you just replace "Valeris" in the script with Saavik. Hell, it makes so much more sense, since she understands why Kirk hates the Klingons. But nooooo, Roddenberry had to say "Oh it's not in her character". Fuck you, Gene. Saavik is not your character!

You do get into some of that stuff with Star Trek Online; the Klingons are flipping their shit because they're worried about Species 8472 infiltrating various societies (which is not entirely unfounded, as the second mission shows), another Cold War has broken out....shame it's such a shitty game. The ideas they have are awesome, just bad gameplay. Shit like the Romulans are trying to get Iconian technology, plus finding out what happened to the Dominion reinforcements in the Wormhole:

The Prophets sent them to 2409, right when you're negotiating peace with the Klingons on DS9.

Oh well. Guess we can only hope that something will come along with the new movies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A new documentary film, narrated by a former Star Trek actress, promotes the long-ago disproven idea that the sun revolves around the Earth.

“Everything we think we know about our universe is wrong,” says actress Kate Mulgrew as she narrates the trailer for “The Principle.”

The film, which is set to be released sometime this spring, was bankrolled in part by the ultra-conservative and anti-Semitic Robert Sungenis, who maintains the blog “Galileo Was Wrong.”

In addition to Mulgrew, who played Capt. Kathryn Janeway in “Star Trek: Voyager” and “Star Trek: Nemeis,” the film features several scientists, including Michio Kaku, Lawrence Krauss, and Max Tegmart.

In the trailer, the scientists discuss how the Earth’s unique characteristics make it well-suited for life, in comparison to other planets.

But Sungenis himself offers the only real bombshell in the two-minute, 20-second trailer.

“You can go on some websites of NASA to see that they’ve started to take down stuff that might hint to a geocentric universe,” Sungenis says.

About one in four Americans believe in geocentrism, which places the Earth at the center of the universe and the sun, planets, and stars revolving around it.

Sungenis is a controversial figure, having argued that no one has proven 6 million Jews died during the Holocaust and that Jews conspired with Satan to rule the world.

His local bishop asked him to stop writing about Jews and ordered him to stop calling his organization a Catholic one after he criticized a catechism related to Judaism.

Well now I don't know what to believe. At least if she did believe in geocentrism then it'd explain why it took Voyager so long to get home :shifty:

"We're looking for a world that is orbited by it's sun."

"Captain... I do not believe you are describing Earth."

"Shut up Tuvoc, if I wanted any shit out of you I'd invite Nelix to the bridge. Tom... set a course... for home."

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Man between the fibre from the muffins and all that prune juice, Worf must have the most relaxing shits imaginable.

• Like 1

Man between the fibre from the muffins and all that prune juice, Worf must have the most relaxing shits imaginable.

I don't know, I imagine eating all the stuff Klingon's eat would need a hell of a lot of fiber to pass.

• 4 months later...