Star Trek TV

Your Mom

Having watched Caretaker and now going through Parallax, all I wish is that the Marquis people actually being different to Starfleet officers was thing more often than it was. Plus Chakotay has some form of spine right now, which I know doesn't last long but it's nice to remember that it was there at some point

Is there any news on the new series yet? A friend of mine read somewhere that it will be set in neither the original universe nor in the Abrams one either (didn't expect the latter tbh).

We can finally see the Enterprise-C's fight with the Romulans!!

Or find out what the hell the Enterprise-B ever did!

The second one would actually make a good series I think, the B is virtually blank slate aside from it's launch so you'd have a lot more freedom with it. Just make sure you air the first episode on a Tuesday :shifty:

15 hours ago, hugobomb said:

The second one would actually make a good series I think, the B is virtually blank slate aside from it's launch so you'd have a lot more freedom with it.

The captain's best friend hijacked it, took it on a joyride, and then they flew it back to spacedock backwards. Then they blew it up :shifty: . 

16 minutes ago, Alex. said:

Been thinking of starting Deep Space 9. I remember my father watching it when i was a kid and he loved it just as much as TNG. For those who have watched DS9 what did you think of it?

I really enjoyed DS9, though only after the fact. As a child I didn't find it overly exciting, but as an adult, it is possibly my favourite Trek show. Story arcs than run for years, actual character development, generally good writing and a cracking cast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex. said:

Been thinking of starting Deep Space 9. I remember my father watching it when i was a kid and he loved it just as much as TNG. For those who have watched DS9 what did you think of it?

as @DFF said, its probably my favorite Trek series.  Character development plays out over entire seasons, rather then just one season or a few episodes.  S2 starts a storyline that runs the rest of the whole series.  But also, TNG had "people got along because they worked together".  DS9, meanwhile, was "people who actually became friends" 

DS9 had, overall, the best character development of any ST series. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFF said:

I really enjoyed DS9, though only after the fact. As a child I didn't find it overly exciting, but as an adult, it is possibly my favourite Trek show. Story arcs than run for years, actual character development, generally good writing and a cracking cast.

QFE. As a kid I didn't really like DS9 that much, I liked Star Trek for its exploration, but when I grew up I realised that what a rich cast of characters DS9 has to compensate. DS9 compensates for its lack of physical exploration by exploring its characters a lot more deeply than other ST shows, both personally and politically, and as a result it's actually one of the better shows (probably second to TNG for me).

• Like 1

For me, DS9 is #1, TNG is #2.  But I can see why people would rank TNG as #1.  Its a very close tie

• Like 2

Incidentally, I've almost finished TNG (I have the whole journey box set, am currently early in season 7). I've really enjoyed the majority of the run, even the so called 'crap' seasons have actually been better than I expected.

Ehhh....S1 is totally crap.  I still firmly believe TNG didn't get good until Riker "grew the bread".  Only thing S1 has going for it is introducing Q

2 minutes ago, Lint said:

Ehhh....S1 is totally crap.  I still firmly believe TNG didn't get good until Riker "grew the bread".  Only thing S1 has going for it is introducing Q

This is what I had been told beforehand, but it simply wasn't true. Yes, it has the most missteps out of all of them, but it's not a bad season at all.

Just now, Benji said:

Honestly, the only thing that pips it for me is Picard. He's probably my favourite TV character ever.

Stewart is certainly the best actor to be a captain, and Picard is certainly a favourite, but Sisko is a total badass.