Star Trek TV

Your Mom

David Semel will direct the pilot episode.

He seems pretty prolific, with credits including: Hannibal, The Strain, The Man In The High Castle, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Person of Interest, Ally McBeal, Boston Public, No Ordinary Family, American Horror Story, Hemlock Grove, CSI, Heroes, Roswell, Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Life, House, Beverly Hills, 90210 and Dawson's Creek.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

You list all that and don't list the most important one - he directed the Heroes pilot :P

This thing is in good hands.

Tbf, Heroes is in the list, directly between CSI and Roswell :P

• Like 1

So the rumour is that the new series will be set between Enterprise and TOS. I'm not really sure about that, I would much prefer the gap between TOS and TNG but again, it's Trek so I don't care that much.

I more want a post DS9/Voyager series.  Admiral Janeway (possibly jailed), Admiral Chakotay, Bajor as a Federation member, a reformed Cardassia..

I heard a rumor that the new series will be somewhat like American Horror Story, in that the setting will be the same but change with each new season, with season one being one adventure, then jumping ahead the timeline. That would have some really interesting potential, and thus I assume will be something we never see on TV.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TMM said:

So the rumour is that the new series will be set between Enterprise and TOS. I'm not really sure about that, I would much prefer the gap between TOS and TNG but again, it's Trek so I don't care that much.

The serial number the Discovery would imply that, yeah.

2 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

I heard a rumor that the new series will be somewhat like American Horror Story, in that the setting will be the same but change with each new season, with season one being one adventure, then jumping ahead the timeline. That would have some really interesting potential, and thus I assume will be something we never see on TV.

It would also presumably cost a lot with different sets, and space opera sci-fi is a very expensive thing to produce as is, which is why it got so rare in the oughties, but I guess if any TV franchise is going to get the opportunity to do that - it would be Star Trek.

No cast announced for Discovery, still, but Bryan Fuller revealed a couple things:

- The lead character will be female, human, and not a captain.

- It's set ten years before the start of the original series.

- It has to do some event that's been mentioned before in canon but never actually explained (someone asked if it was the Human vs. Romulan War and the response was "Close, but no banana." Then someone asked if it was whatever Black Ops Section 31 is and he was apparently like "no but that might come up.")

I don't see anything here that indicates that they're actually doing the rumored anthology idea, either.

• Like 1

Barry Jenner, who played Admiral Ross on DS9, passed away last night

4 hours ago, Lint said:

Barry Jenner, who played Admiral Ross on DS9, passed away last night

Just as I'm rewatch int DS9 and am deep into the Dominion War. He always came across as having an authority, so that sucks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

No cast announced for Discovery, still, but Bryan Fuller revealed a couple things:

- The lead character will be female, human, and not a captain.

- It's set ten years before the start of the original series.

- It has to do some event that's been mentioned before in canon but never actually explained (someone asked if it was the Human vs. Romulan War and the response was "Close, but no banana." Then someone asked if it was whatever Black Ops Section 31 is and he was apparently like "no but that might come up.")

I don't see anything here that indicates that they're actually doing the rumored anthology idea, either.

Two things: Regardless of sex, it's Star Trek. The main character needs to be the captain. 

Second....by "Ten years before the start of the original series", does that mean ten years before the start of The Cage, or ten years before the start of "Where No Man Has Gone Before?". Cause those are separated by a ten year difference :shifty: . 

1 hour ago, Mick said:

Two things: Regardless of sex, it's Star Trek. The main character needs to be the captain. 

Second....by "Ten years before the start of the original series", does that mean ten years before the start of The Cage, or ten years before the start of "Where No Man Has Gone Before?". Cause those are separated by a ten year difference :shifty: . 

But, now we could live out the stories of a Star Trek redshirt that somehow defies all odds and isn't killed on every away mission that includes every major character bar that one redshirt...