Star Trek TV

Your Mom

So, I'm super late to the party, but I'm just starting to watch Deep Space 9 for the first time. I've watched Voyager and TNG before. Excited to watch DS9 since it's an actually story through the seasons, not just a single stories, like said above.

My one question, after the first few episodes...does Odo sound like Liam Neeson or is it just me?

On 3/13/2018 at 06:54, stokerino said:
  Hide contents

Obviously not EVERY series...but ever since DS9 took the one-off TOS Mirror Universe and turned it into a thing with depth, it's just struck me as a well they can't resist going back to. I'd wager Voyager escaped because it was running in parallel with DS9 on TV, but Enterprise? OH HELL THE SHOW IS FLAGGING, BRING IN THE MIRROR UNIVERSE. And Discovery? Well it's brand-new so let's just give it a little while to - NOPE, NOT CHANCING IT. BOOM, MIRROR UNIVERSE!

And I reiterate, I like the Mirror Universe. The hammy evil acting is glorious. :shifty: It's just a bit like the number of times new Dr. Who has played the Cybermen/Daleks cards. They don't need to turn up that often!

Though that episode where Mirror Kira seemingly wanted to fuck Prime Kira was a lil awkward.  Also, would that technically be masturbation?

2 hours ago, Lint said:

Hide contents

Though that episode where Mirror Kira seemingly wanted to fuck Prime Kira was a lil awkward.  Also, would that technically be masturbation?

Spoiler

Wasn't that brought up in the episode. Someone (maybe Mirror Garak) telling Prime Kira that Mirror Kira's fascination with her was because of her utter narcissism and she'd kill her the moment the novelty wore off.

6 hours ago, Pooker said:

So, I'm super late to the party, but I'm just starting to watch Deep Space 9 for the first time. I've watched Voyager and TNG before. Excited to watch DS9 since it's an actually story through the seasons, not just a single stories, like said above.

My one question, after the first few episodes...does Odo sound like Liam Neeson or is it just me?

Ds9 is the best one. Season one is a little rough. Stick with it.

Most Star Trek series start off not so good and take some time to grow into themselves. Discovery wasn't the strongest starter either.

1 hour ago, stokerino said:

I did like that brief period of Discovery near the beginning (eps 3 and 4, maybe?), where it felt like being on-board the USS Equinox.

As great as that two parter was, it just made hammered home how good Voyager could have been if there were actual consequences to their actions instead of the ship being magically fixed every week and supply problems only being a thing when the writers wanted it to be. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 08:09, hugobomb said:

As great as that two parter was, it just made hammered home how good Voyager could have been if there were actual consequences to their actions instead of the ship being magically fixed every week and supply problems only being a thing when the writers wanted it to be. 

That was one the things that I liked about Enterprise, especially in the Xindi arc when Archer has to turn to piracy to complete the mission. Talk about something that would make Picard wake up in a cold sweat. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, K said:

woah, you're not kidding

Edit: fucks sake not available in my country

Edit 2: @Mick is it the same as this one? 

Image result for indeed they are spock

Mine's longer though :shifty: 

(credits)

oh for fucks sake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @Mick I just started to play Star Trek Online on PS4...any tips?  PLaying as the Federation

5 hours ago, Lint said:

Hey @Mick I just started to play Star Trek Online on PS4...any tips?  PLaying as the Federation

Just be patient and do your research on the STOWiki and on the subreddit man....and don't open your wallet up too much :shifty: 

Also, the uniform designer may take more time from you then you realize. Observe:

image.png

• 2 months later...