Star Trek TV

Your Mom

1 hour ago, Toe said:

I agree. Episode 4 was the weakest episode so far, but it set up episode 5. And that episode was great - especially when...

Reveal hidden contents

...they found Hugh in the network. And when it looked like they were going to have to leave him? I got a bit chocked up.

Spoiler

Oh god yes. I thought they were building to a realisation they could only take one of Tilly and Hugh home and Hugh would make a heroic sacrifice.

I love Discovery. I've made no lies about how much I loved series 1 despite any naysayers.

Series 2 has been far better than I worried after the first trailer. Pike's been a good captain, various characters are now being fleshed out some more (Saru's amazing for a start) and as Keith alluded to, we've definitely seen some stuff we'd never think we'd see in Star Trek and that has added to the experience even more for me.

Also it is beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewdiful to look at. Movie standard. Love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

we've definitely seen some stuff we'd never think we'd see in Star Trek and that has added to the experience even more for me.

Klingon boobs :shifty: 

• Like 1

Discovery season 2 has so far felt more 'classic' Star Trek in style than season 1...but I love them both.

It feels a little weird to have Section 31 openly acknowledged as a thing by the Starfleet brass when in DS9 it was like a brand new revelation... But I guess it makes the show easier that way, and a lot can happen in a 100 years to send them deeper underground, of course.

52 minutes ago, stokerino said:

Discovery season 2 has so far felt more 'classic' Star Trek in style than season 1...but I love them both.

It feels a little weird to have Section 31 openly acknowledged as a thing by the Starfleet brass when in DS9 it was like a brand new revelation... But I guess it makes the show easier that way, and a lot can happen in a 100 years to send them deeper underground, of course.

39 minutes ago, K said:

Section 31 being out is my biggest problem. They were clandestine in enterprise and in DS9, doesn't really make sense that the in-between period everyone is just cool with it, but will see 

The showrunners have discussed this and acknoledge it couls be jarring, but came back with something like "how many covert / spy / undercover operatives and group from over 100 years ago could you name / would you be aware of?"

A guy at work just told me they've put the Discovery Mini episodes up on UK Netflix. dunno how long they've been there. They are in the Trailers and More section, which is definitely there in the web browser and apparently the X-box app, but can't seem to find them in the mobile app.

anyway, I'd highly recommend watching the one about Saru (Brightest Star) before you watch the latest episode.

All the flashbacks in the latest episode are from the mini episode

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, K said:

Hide contents

The cold open is unprecedented. 

Spoiler

I love the fact that they knew they had to explain what the fuck is going on with the Talosions and knew working it into the dialogue would have been clunky as fuck so we got the "previously on Star Trek".

Would like it if more series did that for stuff like this to catch people up on certain aspects of the canon.

Also, was Spock visiting the Guardian of Forever when he met the Red Angel?

9 hours ago, hugobomb said:
  Hide contents

I love the fact that they knew they had to explain what the fuck is going on with the Talosions and knew working it into the dialogue would have been clunky as fuck so we got the "previously on Star Trek".

Would like it if more series did that for stuff like this to catch people up on certain aspects of the canon.

Also, was Spock visiting the Guardian of Forever when he met the Red Angel?

Spoiler

Probably not, since those events take place 10 years from where Discovery is.