Star Trek TV

Your Mom

I'm iffy on season 2 of Disco so far but I was iffy for big chunks of season 1 so I'm going to stick with and see if it goes uphill. Chrysreviews pointed out that Pike looks like Mitt Romney and now I know why I find him so oddly familiar.

sn44t2O.jpg
OIy9GQz.jpg

Really didn't like the episode where they went to 31 HQ. Lots of issues with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to steer clear of "Real Lawyer Reacts..." videos because I fear they're going to take my favourite shows/episodes and say "lol this is mostly bollocks", but that was pretty good.

6 hours ago, stokeriño said:

I tend to steer clear of "Real Lawyer Reacts..." videos because I fear they're going to take my favourite shows/episodes and say "lol this is mostly bollocks", but that was pretty good.

You should watch his episode for My Cousin Vinny.  He just raves about how good it is

• 1 month later...

Edit:

I can't watch any more of this. And it's a shame too, because I like the cast, the actors. You can't blame them, and then you look at the sets, and the visual effects, and the production quality, and you just know there's hundreds of thousands of man-hours of building sets, computer animation, the ships look great, the visual effects look fucking great, the show looks like a movie. The heart of the show, the brains, the core of the show, is the writing and is the story. All the other elements are there. But you have Alex Kurtzman, like, marching it into a grave. You have scatterbrains and no-one behind the wheel of plotting out this season.

Mike from RedLetterMedia summing up Discovery

On 29/06/2019 at 08:24, Colly said:

Is there anything worth watching there? Because Discovery is like, good, and that guys voice is horrific.

I got 5 mins in a stopped, haha. Basically they are bitching about the writing, with the science used in the show as their opening salvo.

It's fuckin' Star Trek. The science doesn't have to be perfect. Does going in reverse really slow time, allowing you to avoid the effects of a Romulan Plasma Torpedo? Who cares - it's all made up!

The biggest complaint I've seen about the show from people is that it's forcing PC culture down their throats... but I don't see that. To me, the show just looks like Star Trek. I think people are just looking for something to complain about because they want to say "I don't like it", but they feel like they need a big reason or something. It feels like they just want to complain. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously!  I was rather "meh" about ST:P but after that trailer I'm hype

• Like 3