Saints Row IV

Dan

I got The Third on Steam, along with most of the DLC during a sale. The bundle didn't include the one that unlocks everything or the one that lets you play as a vampire.

There's a known problem with the Steam version, but an easy fix. I also ran into another problem, though, and took a break from playing. The long ass mission where you recruit Kinzie, Zimos and Angel De La Muerte, I have had the game freeze up on me twice while on the way to save Angel. One while halfway to the gym, the second while fighting close to the gym.

(The problem has to do with the brute fight when you go to take out the Syndicate's leader. You have to lower your graphics and use windowed mode beforehand or it skips the cutscene making the fight impossible to win.)

I've never played a Saints Row game before The Third. Would have been able to play either the first or second on PC, but the person who gave it to me forgot to give me the product key. Not sure if not playing either of the first two is a factor, but I'm very much looking forward to this. I loved how over the top 3 was. It made the game fun to play for me. I can enjoy a game like GTA, but I get bored of the gameplay way too easily. Being over the top was a great way to make me want to keep playing.

I love The Third, for what it's worth. The second one is probably better overall, but I still had a ball with it. New one might just be a step too far into zany territory. I'll probably still enjoy it though. Honestly, I find it funny people complaining about a video game being too ridiculous.

Smart move putting it out three weeks before GTA5, too.

• Like 1

There's reason for claiming it to be too ridiculous however - at some point it stops appearing to be cleverly created and just turns into a cash grab, with stuff thrown in for no reason.

"WOAH, LOOK AT THIS WACKY DILDO BAT - BUY OUR GAME."

The marketing on Saints Row The Third was flashy, it focused on "LOOK AT THIS CRAZY THING" and I don't feel that the game held up to that, wasn't exactly well designed.

Naw, not that. I've always been forgiving of game engines especially on AAA games.

More game design based, I wasn't a huge fan of giving the player too much too early and I hated the way that the missions were structured now. I didn't really feel all that compelled to look around the city and do side missions anymore so I ended up kind of giving up part way through the game.

This looks fucking stupid. Yes GTA IV took itself too serious but this doesn't take itself serious enough. A balance needs to be had and SR2 nailed it, I never tried 3 because it looked a bit sill but this on the other hand just looks like something I'd hate.

• Like 1

Deep Silver, the publisher that bought Volition in THQs bankruptcy, put up a survey, asking what people would be interested in for the collectors edition

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=43mpp9qwqrrd2ry115081&refer=t.co

Some of those sound pretty sweet, but expensive

• 2 months later...

Just saw that the collector's edition (or Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition) is for pre-order on Amazon, and it contains:

- 12 inch Dub-Step gun replica;

- 8 inch Johnny Gat memorial statue;

- Dubstep Doomsday button;

- Commander-in-chief DLC.

Yeah, gonna get it, I'm a sucker for these editions.

• 1 month later...

Just saw that the collector's edition (or Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition) is for pre-order on Amazon, and it contains:

- 12 inch Dub-Step gun replica;

- 8 inch Johnny Gat memorial statue;

- Dubstep Doomsday button;

- Commander-in-chief DLC.

Yeah, gonna get it, I'm a sucker for these editions.

Hell, i want it just for the Dubstep Gun replica. And I fucking hate dubstep when its just taking a pre-existing song and fucking it up with sound effects, drops and fades.

Not going to mention who, but there's a pretty cool trailer out for a particular character that's going to be in the game. Saying who that is would be a major spoiler.

Considering their advertising it though, is it a spoiler? I posted it in the general gaming thread

Yeah, they've made a pretty big deal about Gat being back. Also half the voice actors they've revealed have voiced bad guys from previous games. Neil Patrick Harris for example.

I am very happy to have Gat back, and I really hope he gets the spotlight like he got in 1 and 2. Quite frankly, 3 lacked the charm of the previous ones also partly due to Gat's general psychotic insanity and his Honey Badger mentality. He also gave the most emotional part of 2 when Aisha got offed and Gat got stabbed into the hospital.

Saints Row 3 lacked that real ''friend'' for the hero and the likes of Shaundie and Pierce are just ''those guys who follow the hero'' and not guys who are on level terms with the hero. And the cameos diluted their roles even more to just general secondary characters.

So hopefully Gat can regain his thunder in 4, because I fucking love Johnny Gat.