Saints Row IV

Dan

Yea he was Veteran Child in SR2

One thing about Saints Row IV I am wondering: if Killbane shows up, since saving Shaundi is the canon ending for The Third.

And Benjamin King from the first game is back and now has a shaved head. Since Michael Clark Duncan is dead, they got Terry Crews to do the voice.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you getting it Ruki? I ask that but you normally don't get on to play until 2am my time. <_<

Barring any horrible reviews that come out, I'm leaning towards getting it. I have a bunch of credit saved towards GTA V so I figured I might as well get Saints Row beforehand, beat it fairly quick and trade it back in and get the vast majority of the cost back and then buy GTA later.

Are you getting it Ruki? I ask that but you normally don't get on to play until 2am my time. <_<

Barring any horrible reviews that come out, I'm leaning towards getting it. I have a bunch of credit saved towards GTA V so I figured I might as well get Saints Row beforehand, beat it fairly quick and trade it back in and get the vast majority of the cost back and then buy GTA later.

Yup! Getting it on release date, most likely. And yeah, I'm done work at, I think, midnight your time?

Yea, I'm not really sure about IV either but as I said the other day, I'll probably be getting it right off the bat or at the very least, some point in the future when it's cheaper.

I didn't like 3 as much in terms of the story and content because it did go further with it's 'wackiness' and this only looks to be going even further still so that's worrying. But I think for the gameplay itself, just going really far out with the super powers, the flying etc etc will actually be cool. If they were going to go OTT somewhere, I'd rather it'd be that. Something like Crackdown I still love just for jumping over buildings in a single bound and raining down some heavy destruction on my foes. I can't think of anything I've played in the realm of an open world, 3rd person superhero game (outside of the demo for Superman Returns many moons ago which I've wanted to buy caus the flying was pretty neat but it's somewhat obscure and relatively expensive for such a mediocre title) so this could be pretty fresh.

Looking at the character creation though, it's now I realise as I probably did with 2 and 3 before, that I can't remember what my character really looked or sounded like in the previous game. I have an uploaded character which I tweaked a little but I can't remember if I was using the Cockney voice or the American one. Some interesting costumes in there though like Boba Fett and some Road Warrior type stuff but it's a little lacking like it was in 3, not nearly as much customisable things like in 2 where you could have individual undershirt/shirt/coat layers etc etc.

I like the wackiness a lot. And expect this one to be even better because it's supposed to take place in a Matrix-like environment is it not?

Either way, thought it's not as in-depth as 2, the character customization is fine. I like that you change the pitch of the voice you select and that there is a particular voice slot call "Nolan North."

I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope they don't put in upgrades that make you invincible like they did in The Third (or at least make them optional). It's made doing the challenges easier, but fighting other gangs on cops doesn't really hold my attention like it should.