2013 Summer Transfer Thread

To be honest, if it means Kagawa gets more of a look in, I'm glad that we haven't bought an attacking midfielder.

People have been saying for years we haven't had a dynamic midfielder since Roy Keane - now we look likely to get one and "fans" are shitting all over it. Yeah, it hasn't been the greatest window, and Ed Woodward has come out of it looking a fool, but realistically where were we going to strengthen after walking the title last season?

Don't get me wrong. I was hopeful that we would sign a couple of other players and after yesterdays game I said we needed to strengthen. We haven't. Not really the end of the world.

New manager, new chief exec. Did anyone really expect we would be spending £100m this summer?

Man City (Silva & Toure)

Chelsea (Hazard & Oscar)

Spurs (Eriksen & Lamela)

Liverpool (Coutinho & Gerrard)

Arsenal (Carzola & Ozil)

Man Utd (Cleverley & Carrick)

I'm not even sure what you're trying to do there. Taking two of our central midfielders and putting them up against other top sides attacking players? Yeah, makes sense.

Not been a good window for us and it's been a bit gutting to get the hopes up and have them dashed, but what's the most embarrassing is the usual United fans going into meltdown and shitting all over the club. Quite comical actually. We've been winning trophies season in, season out, mostly play good/great football and then one bad fucking window and they all have a breakdown, you spoilt fucks.

We don't have any attacking players. That is my point. I could have put Rooney, I guess but he's a striker and I can't put Kagawa because he doesn't seem to be getting a look in.

Even the Fellaini deal going through would annoy me because we had the chance to get him through that release clause, rather than waiting until now and paying more money.

We've got Van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Zaha, Valencia, Young, Nani and Kagawa, all attacking options. We'll be fine.

Kagawa hasn't been fully fit and we're only three games in, it's another overreaction. Personally I didn't even expect many signings coming into this window and expected almost the exact same if Fergie was still in charge. The center of the midfield needs an addition or two but we're fine everywhere else.

You're happy with having Valencia, Welbeck and Nani? Zaha will take time to settle in and Young is permantly injured. We'll finish 3rd, if we're lucky.

• Like 1

Man City (Silva & Toure)

Chelsea (Hazard & Oscar)

Spurs (Eriksen & Lamela)

Arsenal (Carzola & Ozil)

I'm not even sure what you're trying to do there. Taking two of our central midfielders and putting them up against other top sides attacking players? Yeah, makes sense.

Not been a good window for us and it's been a bit gutting to get the hopes up and have them dashed, but what's the most embarrassing is the usual United fans going into meltdown and shitting all over the club. Quite comical actually. We've been winning trophies season in, season out, mostly play good/great football and then one bad fucking window and they all have a breakdown, you spoilt fucks.

We don't have any attacking players. That is my point. I could have put Rooney, I guess but he's a striker and I can't put Kagawa because he doesn't seem to be getting a look in.

Even the Fellaini deal going through would annoy me because we had the chance to get him through that release clause, rather than waiting until now and paying more money.

We've got Van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Zaha, Valencia, Young, Nani and Kagawa, all attacking options. We'll be fine.

Kagawa hasn't been fully fit and we're only three games in, it's another overreaction. Personally I didn't even expect many signings coming into this window and expected almost the exact same if Fergie was still in charge. The center of the midfield needs an addition or two but we're fine everywhere else.

You're happy with having Valencia, Welbeck and Nani? Zaha will take time to settle in and Young is permantly injured. We'll finish 3rd, if we're lucky.

Yeah, I'm happy to have all three.

Obviously you're one of the typical United fans that overreact and cry when we don't go out and splash millions on every player in sight or have a tiff at the first glance of a tough time. 3rd if we're lucky? Time will tell, my betting is that turns out to be an embarrassing statement come the end of the season, we'll see.

Man City (Silva & Toure)

Chelsea (Hazard & Oscar)

Spurs (Eriksen & Lamela)

Arsenal (Carzola & Ozil)

Yeah, I'm happy to have all three.

Obviously you're one of the typical United fans that overreact and cry when we don't go out and splash millions on every player in sight or have a tiff at the first glance of a tough time. 3rd if we're lucky? Time will tell, my betting is that turns out to be an embarrassing statement come the end of the season, we'll see.

Not even close.

If this Fellaini deal goes through, I'll be happier. However, I'm extremely disappointed with how Woodward has handled this window. Everyone with half a brain cell knows that we need at least one CM and have done for 3/4 seasons but yet it's now September 2nd and there's still no confirmation. I've accepted that we won't win the league because we've not strengthened our squad while other teams around us have.

With that and a new manager in charge, I can't see us finishing higher than City and Chelsea.

I think the main problem is that everybody around United has improved their squads drastically. United have a good squad, a squad that won the league last year. I do think though that the squad overperformed last year though while City severely underperformed. Now with Fergie gone, Mourinho back and everybody else strengthening, there is some cause for concern.

I think the main problem is that everybody around United has improved their squads drastically. United have a good squad, a squad that won the league last year. I do think though that the squad overperformed last year though while City severely underperformed. Now with Fergie gone, Mourinho back and everybody else strengthening, there is some cause for concern.

But it's hardly cause for the level of overreaction it's getting.

Regardless of what happens this season - you can't win the title every year.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS CLOSED.

Yet deals can, and will, still be finalised.

So it's kinda still open.

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS SLIGHTLY AJAR.

IT'S 2013 AND THE F.A STILL RELY ON FAX MACHINES RATHER THAN EMAILS AND ATTACHMENTS.

• Like 3

• Admin

BBC's David Ornstein: Understand Man Utd are making a move for Real Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao on loan. No idea if it will come off #bbcfootball #mufc #rmfc

Burnley complete the signing of Stoke City midfielder Michael Kightly on a season-long loan deal.