2013 Summer Transfer Thread

After yesterday's lack of Chelsea fun (loans out...joy), am having a bit of reflection on our transfer window as a whole. This is a compilation of the substantive changes to our squad from last season.

By substantive, I mean if a player played effectively no role last year, e.g. Malouda [reserves], or will play effectively no role this year e.g. Atsu [loaned out], then I'm not counting them as a squad asset to gain or lose. So for example, Lukaku spent last year on loan and will be on loan again = net change of zero.

OUT

Rafa Benitez (manager)

Victor Moses (loan)

Marko Marin (loan)

Paulo Ferreira (released)

Yossi Benayoun (released)

Ross Turnbull (released)

Oriol Romeu (loan)

Nathan Ake (loan?) - this hasn't happened but I suspect it might.

IN

José Mourinho (manager)

Andre Schurrle (£18m)

Marco van Ginkel (£8m)

Kevin de Bruyne (return from loan)

Michael Essien (return from loan)

Tomas Kalas (return from loan)

Mark Schwarzer (free)

Willian (£32m)

Samuel Eto'o (free)

Forget the Lukaku loan - that's a fucking stunning transfer window.

I'm happy with Spurs' business, too. We've actually made a profit, which is pretty crazy, but time's going to to tell how well it all comes off, but with the talent we have we really should have great things on the way. I think a bunch of clubs have had a really good window; quietly impressed with all the business Liverpool have been doing.

Ben Smith, BBC Sport - "Confirmation from Manchester United that three men who reportedly attempted to negotiate a deal to sign Athletic Bilboa midfielder Ander Herrera were not acting on behalf of the Premier League champions and were, for want of another word, imposters.

"Reports in Spain claim three men dressed in black suits and claiming to be United "representatives" spent an hour at the La Liga offices attempting to negotiate a deal. The move collapsed at the 11th hour."

I think we're really gonna have to raise our game in January to match these guys, our Howson trolling has just been completely smashed!

I vote we all dress up as Peter Odemwingie and simultaneously try to get signed by as many clubs as possible from their car parks.

Oh, I forgot. Fuck the Joe Kinnear.