Madden 25

Just had possibly my best game of Madden ever. I'm 3-0, heading into Philly. Philly let Vick walk, and replaced him with a rookie QB with speed to work the Chip Kelly offense. They still had DeSean Jackson, signed Louis Murphy from me, and had two speedy rookie wideouts as well in addition to McCoy. They absolutely torched me early on. Was losing 21-7 at the half and 28-7 midway through the 3rd. Managed to put up a TD to end the third but still had an uphill battle as I couldn't stop the offense. Started the 4th with a nice drive but had to settle for a FG. 28-17. Stopped the Eagles short and Jacoby Ford rewarded me with a 78 yard punt return TD. Went for two and missed. 28-23. I injure the Eagles QB but Foles leads them down the field to the 2 minute warning. I FINALLY stop McCoy 3 times but give up a FG. 31-23 with about 1:40 to go, no timeouts.

CB blows his assignment, allowing Cruz to run free on the sideline on the first play of the drive. Tackled at the 2 yard line. TD to Brandon Myers next play. Rueben Randle with the 2 point conversion. 31-31 but I scored so fast Philly still had 1:11 to score with all 3 timeouts. I allow a few first downs but manage to stop them around midfield and force a punt. About 35 seconds to go on my own 20. Conventional wisdom says I send it to OT. Instead I take a risk and send Nicks on a streak, it works for a huge gain. Stop the clock with about 5 seconds to go. Josh Brown with the game winning FG as time expires. 34-31 win.

Just amazing. :wub:

Well...I can no longer access the depth chart during games. It freezes every single time. I took the disc out, didn't notice any scratches or anything. The game works perfectly fine except when I go into the depth chart. No idea what happened, since I had no issues with the depth chart before.

I think you can sub guys while selecting plays, but that seems to be a pain in the ass. This is a huge turnoff for me if I can't get this fixed, since I actually like to shuffle some of my backups in and out of the lineup.

Well...I can no longer access the depth chart during games. It freezes every single time. I took the disc out, didn't notice any scratches or anything. The game works perfectly fine except when I go into the depth chart. No idea what happened, since I had no issues with the depth chart before.

I think you can sub guys while selecting plays, but that seems to be a pain in the ass. This is a huge turnoff for me if I can't get this fixed, since I actually like to shuffle some of my backups in and out of the lineup.

This was an issue last year, I think I decided it had to do with injured guys being in starting spots on the depth chart.

This was an issue last year, I think I decided it had to do with injured guys being in starting spots on the depth chart.

Kinda sorta. Seems like the issue is that if you put somebody on IR, the depth chart will freeze at their position once it reaches the point where they would have healed and be ready to play again.

In my case, I had signed 2 extra QBs for preseason simply to eat up plays and avoid my starter or backup getting hurt. One of them got hurt in the 2nd week of preseason, a 7 week injury. The game wouldn't allow me to release him while hurt, and IR'ing him wouldn't count as a cut for that week. So as a workaround I kept him on my Opening Day 53 and THEN IR'ed him to free up a spot, figured it didn't matter since I didn't need a 3rd QB. But by week 5, when he would have been healthy, that's when I got the depth chart glitch. And since it's a QB, the depth chart screen freezes right away since it's a QB. I tested another team and IR'ed a RE then tried playing when they would have been healthy, and the same thing happened as soon as I hovered over the RE position.

So on the plus side, I'll know better when constructing my roster for next year. On the down side, it basically discourages you from ever putting somebody on IR unless you know there's no chance of them playing again. No more using IR as a workaround to free up roster space.

I've been lucky since I haven't run into much of the freezing. I'm really digging the direction my offline CFM is going, moved the Raiders to Austin to become the Desperados, and drafted a proper QB for Gary Kubiak's system. 3-0 thus far in the second year, and that rookie has thrown 9 TDs, and 6 INTs.

I started a Player CFM and decided to go to the Bengals (I would have preferred to be randomly drafted but oh well), I got myself into 2nd string QB behind Andy Dalton and he eventually got injured for four weeks. In the three games I had I threw 10 TDs and 2 picks, threw for about 600-700 yards and won all three games, then had a bye week for the fourth. He immediately came back into the side when he was healthy, led us to the AFC championship game and lost to the Chiefs, despite me throwing a TD on a fake field goal to get us within three points. I wonder who called the audible on that play :shifty:

Eventually I took the risk of demanding my release and had choices to go back to the Bengals, the Broncos, the Giants, the Chiefs, the Falcons or the Vikings. Opted for the Vikings to get the automatic starting spot ahead of Ponder and AP and I have been tearing up defences in pre-season.

Played a game with my revamped Raiders/Desperados squad. Lost to Cincy 20-17 on a last second field goal... played the Chargers after I got home from work and clearly my players were angry at the loss, demolished San Diego 45-3... even more interesting the score at half time was 3-3.

So my Desperados are now 7-2... total margin of those losses, 4 points. Alex Smith became frickin' Peyton Manning in the last 2 minutes of my last game against the Chiefs.

I would play so much more Ultimate Team if the interface wasn't so fucking terrible. I hate having to go between three separate menus (all with their own mini load screen messages) just to manage a card. I should be able to put a guy in the line-up, send him to the trade/auction/collection/reserve pile from one screen. And I shouldn't have to send from reserves to current roster to do the same.

Is anyone else finding the running game stupidly easy in this years game? I've bottoming out all the runner sliders to make it as difficult as possible for myself and even with average running backs I'm netting 100 yards every game if not more. I started a franchise with the Bills and had to give it up because between Spiller, Jackson and Manuel I was nailing 300-400 rushing yards every game.