Madden 25

Can someone explain the coin up thing for me in Ultimate Team? I got on this morning and it looked exciting so I played the 2 games and unlocked Dez Bryant. Do I have to do something now? Or do I just get coins if he gets TDs?

I presume it's the same as last year. Basically you do the challenges, win the card and then there's coin bonuses to card owners depending on his real life performance. I think they did one with Victor Cruz last year where you got x amount of coins per catch or yards he had. Loads of people bitched because he had a shitty game that week and they got nothing for their troubles.

EDIT: I was partly right, this article explains it a little better.

• Like 1

Beat the Broncos in the Super Manning Bowl, in the snow, in MetLife Stadium. I love to imagine the media frenzy that would cause. I actually knocked Peyton out for the game in the 3rd quarter (low back strain), went on to win the game, and then Peyton announced his retirement in the offseason. Crazy stuff. I had blown off all of my players asking to negotiate new deals during the year, not realizing it would make them refuse to negotiate with me later on. I franchise tagged Nicks. Didn't try to bring most of the others back for realism since teams usually lose a ton of guys after a SB win.

Also, (I'll spoiler this and some draft stuff because I'm not sure if this happens every game):

Ray Lewis came out of retirement. He was only an 86 OVR, not sure if it's because he's old and missed a year or if it's because he doesn't fit my defensive scheme, but regardless he's still way better than any of my other LBs so I signed him up for a year. I also went on to draft Leroy Lester, MLB from Miami touted as the next Ray Lewis. I'll have Ray groom him to take over for 2015.

I had read that Lester was supposed to break his arm going for a sack during the college season, but that never happened in my game. He had questions arise about his attitude, which dropped him to a 2nd rounder and allowed me to snag him. But that does suggest that the storyline players do have different paths that can happen to avoid it being repetitive. Makes me hopeful that Ben Bones won't leave to play baseball in our online Connected Careers.

Beat the Broncos in the Super Manning Bowl, in the snow, in MetLife Stadium. I love to imagine the media frenzy that would cause. I actually knocked Peyton out for the game in the 3rd quarter (low back strain), went on to win the game, and then Peyton announced his retirement in the offseason. Crazy stuff. I had blown off all of my players asking to negotiate new deals during the year, not realizing it would make them refuse to negotiate with me later on. I franchise tagged Nicks. Didn't try to bring most of the others back for realism since teams usually lose a ton of guys after a SB win.

Also, (I'll spoiler this and some draft stuff because I'm not sure if this happens every game):

Ray Lewis came out of retirement. He was only an 86 OVR, not sure if it's because he's old and missed a year or if it's because he doesn't fit my defensive scheme, but regardless he's still way better than any of my other LBs so I signed him up for a year. I also went on to draft Leroy Lester, MLB from Miami touted as the next Ray Lewis. I'll have Ray groom him to take over for 2015.

I had read that Lester was supposed to break his arm going for a sack during the college season, but that never happened in my game. He had questions arise about his attitude, which dropped him to a 2nd rounder and allowed me to snag him. But that does suggest that the storyline players do have different paths that can happen to avoid it being repetitive. Makes me hopeful that Ben Bones won't leave to play baseball in our online Connected Careers.

Anytime an owner is that desperate to keep someone I would probably second guess staying also.

:shifty:

• Like 1

Completely random problem I'm sure nobody has considered... Can you change referee uniform colours? Been playing 11 a bit recently and looking at picking this up but if I forget to make sure both teams wear their coloured uniforms rather than the plain white when scanning the backfield I often struggle to tell the difference between the refs and the MLB so when I notice someone cutting across and having "just a ref" between them and the ball I toss it in just for the ref to steal the ball and run the other way with it. Very minor problem but it's not easy being a colourblind quarterback :shifty:

I like this game I think. I'm doing a franchise but I'm only playing the Sunday night games because I get bored oflaying as the same team all the time. It is fun.

I am really bad at running though. And I am also bad at defending the run.

I also hopeless at the tactical stuff. I was playing against Denver and they kept moving around before the play and I didn't have a clue how to react to it.

I like this game I think. I'm doing a franchise but I'm only playing the Sunday night games because I get bored oflaying as the same team all the time. It is fun.

I am really bad at running though. And I am also bad at defending the run.

I also hopeless at the tactical stuff. I was playing against Denver and they kept moving around before the play and I didn't have a clue how to react to it.

As we used to say on kickoff team, "stay in your lane."

Nothing you do is going to fluster the computer - or Manning, for that matter. Know the situation, play the way you would and let Manning do all of his pre-play malarkey.

As for high stepping, I went into practice and it was the X button, then I had a breakaway TD and tried X and I only got a stiff arm animation.

Harumph.