Madden 25

Golden Eagle is the official bird of Mexico and its one of the cooler logos they have available. Sadly the Sacramento Redwoods logo is quite lame. Armadillos have a decent logo too.

Pronounced KELL-TIC or SELL-TIC?

Kell-Tic. The Celtic Tiger was a boom period in the Irish economy during the 2000's. Pretty much the only thing our CSPE teacher ever taught us in the class.

Yeah, but this is America, where we'll pronounce things however the God-damn we want!

USA! USA! USA!

• Like 3

Of cooooooourse I'd call it "sell-tic."

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

• Like 4

Caved and bought it. Figure I'd tweak the sliders a little bit and gradually get used to the new passing mechanics so I wouldn't get picked 5 million times like I did in the demo. Ended up serving me well as I only threw 1 pick in the season opener and had over 300 yards passing. Beat Dallas 24-21. Romo absolutely killed me, like 90% of his passes were thrown to wide open receivers, especially underneath where I couldn't get anyone to cover. Although sadly I'd expect to see a lot of that from the Giants this year so I can't say it's not realistic. Only thing that irked me was the moment of the game being a Cowboys TD plus Romo winning NFC Offensive Player of the Week. Yeah, he beasted - but his team lost. Guess it's a rarity for that to happen though so whatever.

OK, I didn't get Madden last year, so my latest frame of reference is Madden 12.

How much better is Madden 25?

Much, much better.

I think it's about a half step better than 13, which was considerably better than 12. If you're into football and you haven't played since 12, I'd say you should get it.

Yeah. Had to uninstall the game, clear the cache and decline the title update to get it to work. Now I can't play online.

Edit: Okay, as long as I stop the initial connection to EA servers and then do it manually, it works.