Madden 25

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3UtEYGaz83gcGIySW84X2JKa0E/view?sle=true

Pastapadre posted up full overall scores for each player and team. A lot of these are unsurprising, though it still amuses me how many teams have FIVE QBs and also that the Jets' highest rated QB is a 73 (two way tie between Sanchez and Geno Smith).

73?!? What??? You can get those for free in our league Free Agency and this is what I'm stuck with?

• Like 2

Hmm, did they ditch the new feature from last year where the player rating varies depending on what offense/defense you decide to use? Thought that was pretty good.

Anyone get the hand of the new precision button when it comes to running? The drills make it seem easy but I can't pull it off during an actual game.

Geno Smith's awareness is a 40. I bet once you boost it up, that overall rating will rise nicely.

His other skills are off the charts though. (85 Speed, 92 Throw Power, 82 Throw Accuracy) If you're a good user QB, that awareness rating shouldn't mean jack.

This seems to be the case.

Guess your own awareness.

I'm still horrendous at throwing the ball in the demo. I've tried using all 4 QBs. Doesn't matter how much I direct the passes or anything, everything is getting picked off. Mind I'm using All Pro settings. I'm sure on Pro I'd be much better, but after you go undefeated and win the Super Bowl you realize that Pro is laughably easy.

Hopefully I'll figure passing out soon, as I'm kinda leery about dropping $60 on something that will frustrate the hell out of me.

Hmm, I've found All Pro to be much easier than it was last year. If I'm focused and not fucking around, I can usually shred a defense, especially with the 49ers. I'm just happy CPU interceptions seem to have been toned down,

Don't worry kbusch, you'll get better the more you play!

Making pre-snap reads can you help be a more effective QB. I don't know how you play. (Balanced or Pass Heavy) But some basic advice I can give you is to be comfortable making hot route adjustments and directing your O-Line to protect your weak side (or where ever you see pressure from the D). Don't be afraid to tell your O-Line to protect your weak side and hot route your RB, FB, or TE to pass protect. More protection means more time in the pocket, more time in the pocket means more time to make decisions.

Flipping the play or shifting a WR to the other side can help you determine what coverage the defense is in. If the guy follows, it's usually man coverage. If he stays or only follows so far, it's usually zone. In recent years, Madden has been doing a better job of disguising which coverage it is. But it still helps.

Hopefully that might help you. I can't really give good advice without knowing how you play. Good luck kbush! :(Y):

For O-Line shifts, off the top of my head, I think it's LB on X-Box 360. (L1 on PS3?) Then you tell the O-Line where you want them to block. It works for running the ball as well.

Edited by Disturbed

I don't know why, but I'm not feeling this one too much. I haven't played enough of the individual game to get a good read, but the owner mode is a bit lacking. As goofy as it is, I'm kind of disappointed by how limited the number of relocation towns are in the game. There are cool nods to the olden teams of the league, but I wanted to fuck around and do a Madden 04-style game where every team moves to a new city. The player XP is a little more balanced, but it also pretty much makes having good stats in a single game to be incredibly useless and overbalances practice as the stat builder.

Admittedly, these all might be fixed in current gen with patches and I like that they added a position editor, although it is colossally stupid that they relegate that to an offseason thing. It still looks wrong that Denard Robinson is a fourth string running back for the Jaguars and Dexter McCluster is at wideout.

I mean, it's fine, but without seeing the game in action enough to notice a difference, it's not really up on my priority list like I thought it would be.

Any of you guys hang out on the Operation Sports forums? I couldn't believe the things those folks were calling "dealbreakers." You can't change the names of your players in Owner Mode or the scheduling isn't right in later years of Franchise? EA must hate football!

There's a really good thread over there where a couple of Season Ticket subscribers have been answering questions about Owner Mode though. Sounds like a pretty good time.

Any of you guys hang out on the Operation Sports forums? I couldn't believe the things those folks were calling "dealbreakers." You can't change the names of your players in Owner Mode or the scheduling isn't right in later years of Franchise? EA must hate football!

There's a really good thread over there where a couple of Season Ticket subscribers have been answering questions about Owner Mode though. Sounds like a pretty good time.

Hah, nice try Operation Sports.