Madden 25

I didn't have Madden last year, but the scheduling was definitely off in Madden 12, but it wasn't by a whole lot. You'd go through the correct rotation of what division you're playing, but they wouldn't get the home/away designations right. Not a huge deal though as the NFL has changed the rotations a few times. For instance, the Giants SHOULD have gone to both SD and Oakland this year while hosting KC and Denver. Instead the NFL flipped the Oakland and KC games to avoid the Giants making two West Coast trips.

Any of you guys hang out on the Operation Sports forums? I couldn't believe the things those folks were calling "dealbreakers." You can't change the names of your players in Owner Mode or the scheduling isn't right in later years of Franchise? EA must hate football!

There's a really good thread over there where a couple of Season Ticket subscribers have been answering questions about Owner Mode though. Sounds like a pretty good time.

Hah, nice try Operation Sports.

Fair point, that sounded like a shill.

I only went there because the Madden subreddit was decidedly lacking. Most of the conversation at OS is petty at best but more often than not it's downright awful.

As for the scheduling? Annoying, sure, but hardly a dealbreaker.

I've been reading that the wrong team celebrates after winning the Super Bowl. I can't verify that claim nor can I confirm if everybody's game does that...but if it is a common problem, shit like that kinda makes me question if EA even tests the game before they release it. I guess they don't have to since people will pay $60 to test it for them.

I've been reading that the wrong team celebrates after winning the Super Bowl. I can't verify that claim nor can I confirm if everybody's game does that...but if it is a common problem, shit like that kinda makes me question if EA even tests the game before they release it. I guess they don't have to since people will pay $60 to test it for them.

Yay! We don't have the last pick in the first round! Take that Super Bowl "Champions"!

• Like 1

The three day release delay for the UK is really dumb in this day and age, there's no reason that the game couldn't at least be made available for download at the same time. I don't play Madden Ultimate Team, but if I did I'd be annoyed that there are hundreds of thousands of people getting a three day head-start over me.

That said, my anger is probably amplified by the fact that I am really looking forward to this.

• Like 1

Let's see, I'm simming through the first season of owner mode. I'm moving the Titans to Utah to become the Salt Lake City Pioneers. It's not a popular name with local fans and they don't like the uniforms or stadium either. The Titans somehow managed to go 7-9 despite Jake Locker throwing just 5 TDs through 16 games, and the team only rushing for 5 TDs between them. Fired Mike Munchak, replaced him with Pete Carroll, who the Seahawks fired so they could hire the returning Jimmy Johnson.

Except for some minor issues with the menus, I have really enjoyed the game so far.

Took over as owner of the Bills from Ralph Wilson. Unsure if I want to move the team, but I am 1-1 so far in the regular season. Two really fun, close games. Manuel has made some mistakes, but he has also made some good plays. Spiller would be the focus of my offence...but broke his ribs in the third quarter of my week one win against New England.

The lost to Carolina was gut wrenching. We had them beat, but three fumbles and two interceptions was too much to get over. The INTs don't feel cheap or anything, just bad reads on my part, and one was a tipped ball right to Jon Beason.

I hate how lazy developers are these days, literally identical clothing options for owners/coaches as last year. Bullshit.

Hell, call it a missed opportunity, they could get Nike or Reebok or whoever on board to feature actual coach style sideline outfits and get paid a shitload for the advertising.

• Like 1

I'm planning on moving the Jaguars to a different city almost straight away. I'd quite like to go to London for the Monarchs but it seems a bit unrealistic. The problem I'm having is that the available names for re-location look so bad, L.A. in particular. I've narrowed it down to:

Toronto Thunderbirds

Oklahoma City Night Hawks

San Antonio Dreadnoughts

Sacramento Condors

Some names I will not be choosing:

Austin Armadillos

Los Angeles All-Stars

Memphis Egyptians

Dublin Celtic Tigers (what the hell is a CELTIC TIGER?)

Portland River Hogs

Mexico City Golden Eagles (rolls off the tongue)