The Most Overused Songs In Film

Josh

I think the thing that bothers me most about the AC/DC songs being used is that they use the same 2-4 songs, when like 20 other songs from their catalog would achieve the same purpose.

Eh, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart anyway, so may as well just go on using those same 2-4 songs. :shifty:

• Like 1

The Inception Soundtrack. >_>

You mean "BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP" by Hans Zimmer?

"Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra

A friend of mine said something similar on Facebook (he volunteered the full ELO catalog), and maybe I just haven't seen the right stuff, but I'm not seeing how this one's overused. He named a list of films (that I mostly had not seen), but that list referred to "Don't Bring Me Down" - which is admittedly a more pervasive song.

Yes. Don't Bring Me Down is also a song that I see a lot in movies. But Mr. Blue Sky can be found in many movies involving the sad male protagonist that either gets used too often or is looking to change his life.