The Most Overused Songs In Film

Josh

I was watching part of Major Payne in passing, and heard Aretha Franklin's "Respect." That's got to be one of the most overused and abused songs in film (though I'm admittedly blanking on other specific examples.)

So I was wondering if we could compile a list - though not necessarily one of the voted upon kinds. Just an informal survey: what do you feel are the most overused songs in film? They can be classical, pop, whatever.

Two others that come to mind: Thin Lizzy's "The Boys Are Back In Town" and Bachman Turner Overdrive's "Takin' Care of Business."

All three of those songs just feel like the laziest choices now.

ROC's choice makes me think: there's a whole sub-set just for "And Now, the 60s" or "Enjoy Some Vietnam."

WHEN I DIE AND THEY LAY ME TO REST
GONNA GO TO THE PLACE THAT'S THE BEST

*DUM* *DUM* *DUM*

THERE MUST BE SOME KINDA WAY OUTTA HERE
SAID THE JOKER TO THE THIEF

• Like 2

The Blondie cover of One Direction's One Way Or Another has been in loads of films.

ROC's choice makes me think: there's a whole sub-set just for "And Now, the 60s" or "Enjoy Some Vietnam."

WHEN I DIE AND THEY LAY ME TO REST

GONNA GO TO THE PLACE THAT'S THE BEST

*DUM* *DUM* *DUM*

THERE MUST BE SOME KINDA WAY OUTTA HERE

SAID THE JOKER TO THE THIEF

This soundtrack pretty much collected them all together -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boat_That_Rocked_(soundtrack)

• Like 1

These days, anything by AC/DC. Licensing must have suddenly become cheap from them.

Probably. They released Stiff Upper Lip and nobody cared. Suddenly, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Black Ice...they become Aerosmith :shifty: .

I "know" the songs but I don't know the songs. If it's a coincidence, that's fine, but I hate it when they do shit in blatant parodies.