Assassins Creed IV

Your Mom

I want to wait until the price drops to $40 like I did with 3, but I always end up wanting these games. Still not sure whether I'll wait for a price drop or just get it soon at $60, but I definitely won't be picking up the season pass. I got the season pass for 3 and was pretty disappointed in the DLC with Washington. It was an interesting concept, but I don't think it was worth the price.

I always get tired of the games mainly because I can't stand team mates on multiplayer half the time (seriously, if you see that an opponent is poisoned then don't run up to him just so YOU get the 100 points instead of the team getting at least 700). I always enjoy the story mode, more so if I don't worry about 100% sync for missions. Wasn't 3 meant to revamp the battle mechanics? I remember hearing that about either 3 or Revelations and I don't think fighting really felt that different.

The DLC for 3 is what really left me disappointed. That whole concept is something they could use to give the current game a bit more life. Give us DLC stories of alternate histories. There doesn't even need to be something to connect it to the main story. Just one off things that have nothing to do with the actual Assassin's Creed story and I'd be fine. I'm just really hoping they don't end up coming out with a game every year, because that is definitely something that would tire me out on the games and not even bother with them.

That said, the ship stuff from 3 was pretty good so it's interesting that it's such a big focus this game.

Edited by Vitamin E

I know this sounds stupid, but you know what really puts me off Assassins Creed? The really long loading times. I know that's perhaps a symptom of me being pampered by the usually decent PS3 and never having a PS1 like most of you, but really. In the last one I seemed like I spend most of the game making that stupid bland Desmond guy or that stupid bland connor guy wander endlessly through everlasting greyness.

What really came to annoy me with AC - beginning with Revelations and then into overdrive in AC3 - is the systematic obliteration of the fun running-everywhere-around-rooftops stuff that made the original game Assassins Creed 2 so enjoyable. The rooftops and pretty much the entire towns are so swarming with guards that it made it nigh-on impossible to play the game this way for any real amount of time - your choices were to either keep quiet and behave yourself on the ground or subject yourself to never-ending swarms of hack-and-slash survival fights.

Any improvement on that in this one?

He said as he considered getting Ghosts.

I caught myself considering this yesterday. Surely I'm not so foolish? :-/

What really came to annoy me with AC - beginning with Revelations and then into overdrive in AC3 - is the systematic obliteration of the fun running-everywhere-around-rooftops stuff that made the original game Assassins Creed 2 so enjoyable. The rooftops and pretty much the entire towns are so swarming with guards that it made it nigh-on impossible to play the game this way for any real amount of time - your choices were to either keep quiet and behave yourself on the ground or subject yourself to never-ending swarms of hack-and-slash survival fights.

Any improvement on that in this one?

He said as he considered getting Ghosts.

I caught myself considering this yesterday. Surely I'm not so foolish? :-/

I tell myself the same thing each year.

I'm hoping this time, holding off until the PS4 release will leave me uninterested in it by the time it rolls around.

This is so, so much better than the last one, guys. The story's great, setting's great, central character's great, only real downside is the guard AI is still a bit awful, and they tend to just forget all about you in seconds. That can kind of be a positive, though, as it makes escaping from them much easier. Combat's more fun than it's been in any other AC game.

The setting seems interesting, as does the main character. Hoping he's better than Connor. He wasn't bad, but he seemed a bit... bland, especially after playing as Ezio for three games. The story behind him was really interesting, though.

Watching an LP from Achievement Hunter now, and it just makes multiplayer look even more fun. I really want to play multiplayer for a month before team mates kill still enough to make me remember the one downside to AC multiplayer :(

How are the multiplayer maps, and are there any new abilities? I really loved Brotherhood's maps a lot, probably my favorite batch thus far (though 3 had some good maps).

Edited by Vitamin E

I think I'll probably trade GTA in today and get this.

What was it that made you guys dislike ACIII so much? I quite liked it, aside from the immensely boring central character. The scale of the game and scope of activities was pretty impressive, and I don't remember encountering any bugs.

• Like 1

I enjoyed III The setting really surprised me when they announced it because I never thought they would actually go to that time frame, at least yet. My main problem was the DLC that I thought wasn't really worth the price. It had length, but I don't think it was as good as it could have been. I dunno. I would have liked more than just 3 episodes out of it; definitely something they could have drawn out a bit more.

I'm kind of surprised they are offering multiplayer packs and stuff on 360 for $25 for IV. That definitely does not seem worth the price, even though you get all the multiplayer unlocks (costumes, emblems, weapons, etc). Then again, i would rather actually player multiplayer and unlock stuff rather than buy it all outright. There was also that one achievement I think, that you had to watch the folk at that camp or whatever do their chores and shit, and it was just random as to what they do. So you could spend hours waiting for the final person to do the final task like I did <_<.

III wasn't bad, though. It had some stuff that can annoy you (jumping the wrong way sometimes or something). The beginning was pretty great and the entire story itself was nice. If I had to pick one problem it would be Connor seemed pretty bland in comparison to Ezio, but I don't think he was a bad character. I'm probably going out today to get Black Flag as well, after having listened to the main theme to it several times (I'd say it's the best main theme of the games yet).

• Like 1

I think a big issue with III was starting off with an interesting character before doing a twist which led to the player getting the really dull guy they'd spend the rest of the game with.

Although my bigger issue with Creed is the endings never feel as satisfying as endings should. That's partly because the game has to carry on to let you to do all the extra side things but it feels anti-climatic when you get the ending and then you're asked to play tag or run around collecting things in the dull world that's left. Partly because it reveals how bland that world actually was in case you hadn't noticed before.

• Like 1