The Xbox One Thread

Dan

I have been playing a lot of Call of Duty over the last few days and it has been really pleasant to play online. All together, I have played for about two weeks now online and only ran into one idiot (though even he wasn't vulgar but just a blowhard). I had heard horror stories about what online play experienced had become and experienced it years ago when I used to play Halo online all the time.

Have I been just extremely lucky or is playing online games not as bad as it once was?

I have been playing a lot of Call of Duty over the last few days and it has been really pleasant to play online. All together, I have played for about two weeks now online and only ran into one idiot (though even he wasn't vulgar but just a blowhard). I had heard horror stories about what online play experienced had become and experienced it years ago when I used to play Halo online all the time.

Have I been just extremely lucky or is playing online games not as bad as it once was?

Maybe bigoted people are too busy sending replies on Twitter to people under the #Gamergate tag.

So Microsoft's official store did a deal where you can get a refurbished XBone with a Kinect and three games (Ryse, Dance Central Spotlight, and an actual awesome game of your choice, of which I picked Sunset fucking Overdrive) for $330 and I jumped on that shit. HELLO FRIENDS.

And now I have Shadow of Mordor for $25 with no tax and free shipping off of Newegg! Why in the world do people go to actual physical sales at stores?

Holy shit that's an insane deal. If something like that crops up again next year I'll likely jump on board. I think I'm (admittedly unashamedly) on the side of the blues this generation but a deal like that's definitely worth picking up for some of the xbox exclusives.

Hmm, digital Titanfall and it's season pass for a tenner? I know there's like no single player to it and you'd question the life of it's multi given that CoD and Halo are out now (even if Halo is borked) but that's a nice price.

$12.49 on US store. Roughly £8? Tempting...though I guess the money on your account doesn't transfer so I'd have to add US credit or use Paypal? Not worth spending another however many quid to add US currency just to save £2 when I have credit already.