The Xbox One Thread

Dan

Is anyone else having issues with achievements lately? I know i unlocked some but they didnt pop and i keep getting error messages when i try to open the app, either from the dashboard, in game or even smart glass.

Had massive problems with Dragon Age... 10 achievements didn't pop on two campaigns, though they worked fine for my wife's. I'm sure that's more of a Dragon Age issue than an Xbox issue though, game is buggy as hell.

Is anyone else having issues with achievements lately? I know i unlocked some but they didnt pop and i keep getting error messages when i try to open the app, either from the dashboard, in game or even smart glass.

I don't know whether it's because there's been issues with achievements not popping when they should, the sheer length of time it takes for the snapped app to load and load properly or what, but I really haven't cared much for achievements since I got my Xbox One.Other than I realised I'd nearly done Watch Dogs 100% without really trying.

Has anyone played Styx:Master of Shadows? It's on sale at £9.60 and looks pretty cool. Distinctly middling reviews from what I've seen though.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Titanfall deal is back on where you get the game and the season pass for a tenner, just in case you missed it during Black Friday. I seem to recall Srar being annoyed she debated it too long and didn't get it. It sounds a bit petty or childish to say but I find my enjoyment of competitive FPS' always comes down to how well I do in them, which is why I always shyed away from CoD because I seemed truly awful at them. Just seemed like every single time I'd turn a corner there'd be someone pop up behind me and shoot me in the back. Here, the cloak ability just lets me move about in secret and be the asshole shooting people in the back as I follow their dots on radar.

Also, not sure if this has been fixed but there's been a thing going around saying that if you own episode one of the GoT Telltale game, the season pass shows up for free. Might be worth looking into or taking the risk on buying it, apparently only works on the Xbox itself though not on the web store.

We'll play it like we play Worms. :shifty:

But yeah, they have daily challenges so I normally pop on at least a little bit every day to try and do them so I can be around to play. Their horde mode should get you up to speed if you haven't played it before.

Console, smart glass or web really. Don't make the mistake of picking the normal version, mind you. I mean, unless you really weren't fussed about the extra maps but the standard is 7.50 and the deluxe is 10 so for the sake of 2.50 I figure you might as well supersize.

Other than Titanfall, there's a big EA sale on this week if you don't have Access (Titanfall is never coming to Access, incidentally) so you've got stuff like UFC, NHL, Madden etc. Peggle 2 with it's DLC for just over 4 quid isn't too shabby.

Quite so! It runs pretty similar to Infinity Ward's COD games, plus giant robots.

Should hopefully have it installed and good to play by Friday evening my time, or we can wait till Saturday evening GMT.