The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Dan, bobfoc, Meacon, Apsham

The Golf Club hasn't got a definite release date yet, but HB Games confirmed today that it's very likely to be during the week of the 25th of August, with a small chance of it releasing a week before. Still no price, but the PC early access was $35 so it won't be a full price game.

Awesome. I saw a video last week of the course designer which looked amazing.

It looks like literally anything is possible with it. You can make a hole as realistic, or unrealistic as you like. I can't wait to spend hours on creating courses, and playing an unlimited amount of community creations.

There's about 20 dev made courses in the game - roughly what you get in a PGA title, and then that's your lot unless you pay for DLC, so it's very reasonable considering this is very user based. They could have easily half assed it and given us 1 or 2 courses.

They posted a course guide to one of their creations a few days ago - http://thegolfclubgame.com/2014/07/29/sonoran-valley-golf-country-club-course-guide/

I'm a bit of a course geek, and some of those holes look amazing. (out of context that one)

• Like 1

The people behind it seem really dedicated. And what's also good is that they say they're not looking at releasing this annually, but building upon this game, so that you're only paying once.

The ability to play courses made by players on PC and XBone is what sets this apart from any other golf game. People have been playing this through Steam for a while already, so there's a huge selection of courses to download already.

I suppose the one downside, if you can call it that, is that when you download a course, you can't make any changes to it. But I have no real problem with that.

They haven't confirmed a trophy/achievement list yet, but when they do, I'll post a link in here.

EDIT: Found another course guide, posted a few months back - http://thegolfclubgame.com/2014/05/07/knoll-golf-club-course-guide/

I had meacon when I had a PS3. And Christ if I have any idea what e-mail I used to sign up for it, because it wasn't one of the four e-mails I've been using for years. So I had to go with a new one when I got my PS4. I'm not really someone that cares about trophies and all of that though, so I didn't mind.

Given up on the Watch Dogs online achievements, I seriously suck at it.

Trading it in for The Last of Us tomorrow!

Edit: I've also just finished inFamous: Second Son and really can't be arsed to play through the second storyline, so that's going as well. Checked the trade-in value and both are worth £14 in credit at Game.

Getting The Last of Us for a tenner :D

• Like 1

I believe $34.99 will be the release price on PC, as well. That said, it's true that it will be substantially cheaper than the PGA counterpart, it's just that I don't see enough of my friends nabbing the PC version to warrant buying it out of the gate. Should cross-platform play be announced (which I've seen bandied about after the announcement of courses being cross-platform), then we're talking.

It won't happen, sadly. Devs want it to, but it's not easy, and something Microsoft and Sony aren't especially keen on. They'd prefer it if you just played games on their system.

It does seem steep when you haven't got friends playing too, but the game is all about interaction with others, playing in user created tournaments etc. It's not something that you'd feel lonely playing, even if the scores you're trying to beat are people you don't necessarily know.

Exclusive to playstation on Far Cry 4, you can invite friends to play the game with you even if they don't own the game. Apparently there's 10 'keys' you can hand out, each worth two hours of play time. Hopefully it's not limited to one key per person, as my gf would then be able to experience pretty much the whole thing without having to pay for it herself.

Something tells me it'll be restricted though.