The PS4 thread

9 to 5

They're both awful, Ghosts is the first Call of Duty in years that's had even the hardcore fans give up and go back a generation. Whilst Battlefield 4 is the buggiest release yet and still hasn't been properly fixed.

My advise would be to get Battlefield 4, as there's no Battlefield out this year so it might still be worth a bit of trade in credit. Ghosts will probably be worth a lot less, because the new one comes out in three months.

But as a fan of Call of Duty and someone who enjoyed Battlefield 3 well enough, I wouldn't recommend either. If you're actually interested in trying one of those kind of games out, trade in whatever you get and pick up Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in a few months. Seems like they've changed everything that made Ghosts a massive bore to play.

Went to plug mine in for the first time today at 5.30, only to find out the network was going down at 5.40 till 1 in the morning for maintenance. So I'll probably put it off till next Saturday now and have a final week messing about on GTAV online.

That was postponed due to the attack on Sunday

Dragon Age looks to have co-op multiplayer that'll be similar to Mass Effect 3's if you liked that. If you're looking for something to play now, Metro Redux looks alright. Otherwise the next big games you haven't mentioned would be Shadow of Mordor in September (looks like an actually fun Assassins Creed based in Middle Earth), Alien: Isolation in October (horror game trying to faithfully recreate the alien experience) and Far Cry 4 in November (skyrim with guns).

Other "big" titles are Little Big Planet 3, Lords of the Fallen (it's dark souls but not), Lego Batman 3, Assassins Creed Unity if you like those games, The Evil Within (horror game) and Driveclub or The Crew. (driving)

Only current titles really out are inFamous and Watch Dogs. And MGS: Ground Zeroes if you're really into MGS and don't mind the game being super short. Then there's stuff like Last of Us Remastered and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition if you missed out on those.

Thanks Tkz. I was going to get MGS since I can get it cheap as it is. And I don't mind going for stuff like the Last of Us because not had a PS3 in years after all.

Is the PS4 headset thing any good? Got a wire coming to help fix in my good headset but still, any cop?