The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Uh. Have you ever played any games like Diablo?

I think you might be better with LOTR, Srar. A lot of the fun of Diablo comes from grinding over and over to get better loot. I dunno if you're into that, but that's kind of the main thing for Diablo.

I would say they're both completely different games and it would depend on what you want out of them. Lord of the Rings looks like a pretty game set in the Lord of the Rings universe with Batman combat (which isn't necessarily bad, but just done before) and an interesting-looking nemesis system. I fucking haaaaaaaaate Lord of the Rings, but I think it looks interesting. Diablo is some Diablo-ass Diablo that can be an awesome multiplayer experience if you want that. It's just a very well-designed, fun, BREAK SOME SHIT AND GET LOOT game.

Again, two entirely different games. If you want a multiplayer game, I'd say Diablo. If you want a more demanding and engaging single player game or really love LOTR, I'd see what the general reviewer opinions are on it, then maybe get that instead.

It's a good "background" game. It's also at its best in multiplayer. It's a rad game to just pass some time and get some loot and fuck around in, but unless you're deliberately making it incredibly hard for yourself, it isn't that hard or demanding. I played quite a bit of it whilst sick over Christmas break last year and really enjoyed it for what it was. I also really enjoyed playing multiplayer. But to be reductive, it's just a really well-designed loot grinding game. And LOTR looks interesting, but who knows if it's gonna actually be good. I'd wait on reviews of it. To be reductive of LOTR: it's Batman combat in LOTR with a maybe hopefully good nemesis system that could also be shallow as fuck and/or broken.

Knowing your tastes, srar, I'd suggest lord of the rings. You'd likely play 2 hours of diablo. That being said it does what it promises better than any other loot game. But lotr has story to go with it in a vein you may like.

Yeah this sounds about right. It might be best to wait for a review though because I do think the lotr game looks like an amazing story (I will kill all the demons for killing my family!) it could be a bad game and there is one thing I hate worse than needlessly hard games and it's bad ones!

With Diablo I would want to play it with Christopher if at all and if I remember right you guys said I couldn't do that?

Knowing your tastes, srar, I'd suggest lord of the rings. You'd likely play 2 hours of diablo. That being said it does what it promises better than any other loot game. But lotr has story to go with it in a vein you may like.

Yeah this sounds about right. It might be best to wait for a review though because I do think the lotr game looks like an amazing story (I will kill all the demons for killing my family!) it could be a bad game and there is one thing I hate worse than needlessly hard games and it's bad ones!

With Diablo I would want to play it with Christopher if at all and if I remember right you guys said I couldn't do that?

Uh, what? Who said that? You can definitely play local multiplayer. You're just tethered to each other and have to stay on the same screen.

Uh, what? Who said that? You can definitely play local multiplayer. You're just tethered to each other and have to stay on the same screen.

Oh right! That's why I thought I might like it

Got a Destiny bundle, grabbing Madden, and the Lego Movie games later this week. My PSN ID is BlackTomStudd. Though I may not be on much for a couple weeks while I finish getting moved into the new place.

Not clued up on this kind of thing, but could it be a firewall preventing you from connecting?

Have you tried the browser to see if that works? That should at least clear up a few things.

The web browser doesn't work without logging into the PSN.

When I click Web Browser, I get "Sign in to PSN to use network features. NP-31734-8"

Ugh. Very strange.

Just seems unlikely to me that two consoles in a row wouldn't sign in to PSN, with it being a fault of the console itself both times.

I'm guessing it's something to do with my internet. I've ordered an ethernet cable, so I'll try that once it arrives.

I've looked around online and there are a lot of people experiencing the same thing with PS4's bought in the last month or so.