The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I wouldn't necessarily trust review scores, actually I'd go so far as to say they are close to useless. The most I'd use it for is gauging if anything in their top 20 games take your fancy and then watch youtube reviews and actually read some reviews. Plenty of times points are taken off for things that to you might be arbitrary or pointless (for instance multiplayer not being up to snuff on a game you'll never take online, or in sports games a mode you'll never play).

Beyond which plenty of sports games generally receive close enough to the same score every year, despite fans of that sport having preferences for certain iterations.

No need to get so hot headed, I just wanted to get Destiny and join in with my buddies and just wanted to know if it was worth buying a console to play it, considering some of the big games like Watch_Dogs and GTA V were apparently boring/coming to PC so will eventually be on sale for knockdown prices on Steam. Also I've already played The Last Of Us.

Basically I don't want to get a £400 console + game and then find out that I don't really enjoy the game and there's nothing else to really play.

If you already have a PC that's decent I'd probably wait, especially if you've played The Last of Us. It seems awfully expensive just to play one game, I'm in a similar boat to you, I'd like one to play with, but I personally can't justify it at the moment when there are no super massive games that I can't get for PC.

• Like 1

Apparently my problem is with Sky Broadband. All the ports are closed. It's a nightmare to get them open.

PS4's are not £400. With or without games.

The Destiny bundle is £379, and I'm guessing I'd need to get a years subscription to PS+ too so that pushes it into the £400+ bracket

The Destiny bundle is £330 on Amazon.

Apparently my problem is with Sky Broadband. All the ports are closed. It's a nightmare to get them open.

Couldn't you just get an alternative router, log into that with your sky details and then throw your piece of shit Sky router in the trash where it belongs?

The Destiny bundle is £330 on Amazon.

It's 377 or whatever last time I checked, but probably because it's out of stock right now. But the point still stands, £350+ for a console that I'm unsure about is giving me the jitters.

http://www.shopplay.co.uk/ps4-console-plus-destiny.html

£325, though never really heard of 'shop play' before.

And sounds odd, Brench, that you would have so many problems doing port forwarding. Only takes a minute with my linksys router, this Sky thing must be really closed off or something.

http://www.shopplay.co.uk/ps4-console-plus-destiny.html

£325, though never really heard of 'shop play' before.

And sounds odd, Brench, that you would have so many problems doing port forwarding. Only takes a minute with my linksys router, this Sky thing must be really closed off or something.

I've used a DMZ server now as well, even that's not working.

So I'm likely to buy a PS4 in the next couple of days. As I've not actually had a console in about a decade, I'll likely be asking a bunch of incredibly rookie questions in the near future. Firstly, what is the deal with games, is there a Steam style system where I can just pay and download the games I want or is it still a going to the shop and buying the game type deal?

• Like 1