The PS4 thread

9 to 5

No need to get so hot headed, I just wanted to get Destiny and join in with my buddies and just wanted to know if it was worth buying a console to play it, considering some of the big games like Watch_Dogs and GTA V were apparently boring/coming to PC so will eventually be on sale for knockdown prices on Steam. Also I've already played The Last Of Us.

Basically I don't want to get a £400 console + game and then find out that I don't really enjoy the game and there's nothing else to really play.

Who's getting hot headed?

No need to get so hot headed, I just wanted to get Destiny and join in with my buddies and just wanted to know if it was worth buying a console to play it, considering some of the big games like Watch_Dogs and GTA V were apparently boring/coming to PC so will eventually be on sale for knockdown prices on Steam. Also I've already played The Last Of Us.

Basically I don't want to get a £400 console + game and then find out that I don't really enjoy the game and there's nothing else to really play.

Who's getting hot headed?

Watch out, he's a pirahna.

I don't know where else to put this, really. And no one will care. But oh well. The PES 2015 demo is out on European PSN (and I assume XBox's Marketplace) and holy god damn does the Fox Engine look good. The player faces and the lighting/shadows is just absolutely amazing. But... well, it plays like PES 2014 (which played like PES 2013 to be honest, and so on) and after playing FIFA 15, the ball physics just do not stack up at all. It just feels so pre-canned. And though the idea behind the skills in PES is similar to FIFA, I just cannot pull that shit off and it doesn't feel natural at all. I eventually end up liking PES for its own reasons, but I don't think I can get into it this year despite the awesome graphics. There's just details in the player faces that are just absolutely mind-blowing, though. It's encouraging for Metal Gear, at least.

So I just bought a PS4. Was originally just going to get the console, accessories and Madden but I was offered a deal where if I wait til Friday, I get FIFA 15 and a download of something called The Last of Us for the same price as I was just going to buy the console for. And I got Madden as well. Will look into getting that golf game Baddar and Meacon (And Cole?) play as they didn't have it in the shop.

• Like 3

Depends what you've bought. Destiny is online only. I'd assume games like watchdogs and infamous should be fine but I've been online from day one so can't say for sure. Obviously if they do work you'll still be without patches so might have to put up with more bugs than usual.