January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

We bid £100million for Bale in the Summer, so I'm pretty sure we have quite a bit of funds left yet.

Also...

Mata has arrived!

Be08DKmIEAAg7ZG.jpg

Edited by Starvinho
  • Like 1

The grimace of a man who can't understand the Scottish accent. Also, nice suit to be wearing when standing in what seems to be mud.

• Admin

Afellay? Oh good, another midfielder!

Cardiff forward Peter Odemwingie is set to join Stoke in a swap deal for Potters striker Kenwyne Jones.
West Ham United have signed Italy midfielder Antonio Nocerino on loan from AC Milan until the end of the season.

There were mumblings the other day about Villa possibly being interested in loaning Gael Kakuta from us. However, since they are obviously in the same league and already have one Chelsea player (Bertrand) on loan, the only way this would be allowed would be if Kakuta's loan had an 'option to buy' provision. Although I don't see why the agreed price couldn't be something suitably astronomical to make such a purchase impossible (if we wanted to keep him, that is. Not sure anyone cares about Kakuta anymore), so to me that little clause seemed rather silly.

That's the thing with loans. There's always more small print...

There were mumblings the other day about Villa possibly being interested in loaning Gael Kakuta from us. However, since they are obviously in the same league and already have one Chelsea player (Bertrand) on loan, the only way this would be allowed would be if Kakuta's loan had an 'option to buy' provision. Although I don't see why the agreed price couldn't be something suitably astronomical to make such a purchase impossible (if we wanted to keep him, that is. Not sure anyone cares about Kakuta anymore), so to me that little clause seemed rather silly.

That's the thing with loans. There's always more small print...

Do you think we could get Bertrand permanently? Or is that unrealistic?