January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

This is when "players on the edge of the England squad" means "any English player because we're that desperate", right?

Can't think of who we've ruined lately... Cahill is basically first-choice centre-back since Terry's departure. You could argue we delayed Sturridge's introduction to the England squad and he could have been there aged 20 if we'd (out of madness) shoved Drogba aside for him, but that's if we're going down the "any bright kid who shows talent gets straight in" route. Joe Cole did plenty well for both us and England for a few years then got simultaneously found out by every opposition player everywhere. SWP was never that good to begin with.

And so on.

Palace could be busy today. They're talking to Scott Dann (Cardiff interested too), and Celtic have accepted a bid for Joe Ledley, and is expected to discuss a deal.

Why anyone thinks Scott Dann is a Premier League quality defender is beyond me, he's too slow to play at that level.

AFC Wimbledon tweet an image, supposedly of Charlie Wyke coming in to extend loan. Twitter replies point out that he's left his headlights on. I suggest that it appears that there is someone else still in the car. Charlie Wyke favourites my tweet. I feel I have made a contribution to deadline day and thus I inherit the mantle of "Scoop" from GoGo.

BREAKING NEWS: CHARLIE WYKE DID NOT LEAVE HIS CAR UNATTENDED WITH HEADLIGHTS ON AT LEAGUE TWO CLUB HQ.

• Like 1