January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

This is when "players on the edge of the England squad" means "any English player because we're that desperate", right?

Can't think of who we've ruined lately... Cahill is basically first-choice centre-back since Terry's departure. You could argue we delayed Sturridge's introduction to the England squad and he could have been there aged 20 if we'd (out of madness) shoved Drogba aside for him, but that's if we're going down the "any bright kid who shows talent gets straight in" route. Joe Cole did plenty well for both us and England for a few years then got simultaneously found out by every opposition player everywhere. SWP was never that good to begin with.

And so on.

You shut your whore mouth!

• Like 1

AFC Wimbledon tweet an image, supposedly of Charlie Wyke coming in to extend loan. Twitter replies point out that he's left his headlights on. I suggest that it appears that there is someone else still in the car. Charlie Wyke favourites my tweet. I feel I have made a contribution to deadline day and thus I inherit the mantle of "Scoop" from GoGo.

BREAKING NEWS: CHARLIE WYKE DID NOT LEAVE HIS CAR UNATTENDED WITH HEADLIGHTS ON AT LEAGUE TWO CLUB HQ.

Who the f is Charlie Wyke?

He's a shit player who had about two great games for Man United to help them win the title and then achieved nothing ever since. He's had plenty of time on loan at clubs to show what kind of player he is, and if Fulham think it's wise to waste a loan slot on him then they might as well have signed a white flag.

• Like 1

The Anfield Wrap are suggesting that there has been a medical booked by Liverpool to take place within the next 90 mins. Not sure if this is related to that Ukranian bloke or not. Probably is.

He's a shit player who had about two great games for Man United to help them win the title and then achieved nothing ever since. He's had plenty of time on loan at clubs to show what kind of player he is, and if Fulham think it's wise to waste a loan slot on him then they might as well have signed a white flag.

£5m apparently.

What do people think about Macheda signing for Fulham? Did he work with Meulensteen at Utd?

He did alright at Donny I think, barring an injury, I'm sure Adam can confirm/deny or elaborate further on this.

As Liam has just said, there is nothing anywhere of Macheda going to Fulham or anyone else. Closest I can find is speculation linking him with Cardiff, which is where all Man Utd reserve players are going it seems.

However, in the event he does move I'd love to offer my opinion on him. When he was substituted and walked straight down the tunnel in his final game for us I was fairly pleased knowing that I would not have to watch him play for my team again. He started off really well, scored three goals in his first few games (both in a draw with Forest and the winner at Sheffield Wednesday) but after that he got injured and when he returned he looked very disinterested. Lazy, didn't get into the games and did a bad job of putting himself in the shop window. He got dropped eventually in favour of a 19-year-old kid and to be honest, I think what we got was a microcosm of Macheda's career. Exploded onto the scene and looked like he might have some class but quickly that all disappeared and he appeared to let his mind get the better of him. I don't think he's good enough to play for Manchester United and to be honest I can't see him cutting it in the top flight here unless he really changes his attitude.