January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

Because Palace won't have to pay for him then? Also Ince apparently wasn't interested in staying there after his dad was unceremoniously sacked.

Still don't see a point in Blackpool loaning him out. If they're going to get nothing for him anyway, might as well have him until the end of the season. I'm sure he would'v ekept his head down and worked hard to get a good deal in the summer if they had chosen to keep him until then

• Admin

Maybe they got paid for the loan. Or maybe he is on high wages they won't have to pay.

Exactly this.

Also I don't have an issue with Ince being shit-canned, but the statement that he put out afterwards basically said how aggrieved he was, etc.

Paul Ince on BBC radio 5 live: "I feel like [Crystal Palace chairman] Steve Parish is my wife, the amount of time I've spent with him today but we got there in the end. "Other clubs wanted a permanent deal but we felt that wasn't right - we wanted to take a loan deal and see what the options are at the end of the season. Steve Parish has been fantastic and I'd like to thank Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston because he's played a massive part in getting this over the line. The only ones who could take Thomas were Palace and Swansea. I had a good conversation with [swansea chairman] Huw Jenkins but we felt that Tony Pulis sold the club to Thomas and that he'd be part of the club and play games. He'll have that opportunity to show what he can do under Tony Pulis."

The best thing about it is that Liverpool won't get a sell-on percentage fee if Ince goes elsewhere in the summer.

Ince will be holding out for one of the big clubs but will probably end up somewhere like Stoke or one of the newly promoted teams next season. The rumours of Spurs, Liverpool or whoever showing interest will just have boosted belief to a level that is probably too high for him right now.

• Admin
BBC Sport's Ben Smith - "Liverpool had a deal agreed with Yevhen Konoplyanka - the player wanted to come to Liverpool. In the end it didn't happen because the owner of the Ukrainian club refused to sign the relevant paperwork."
West Ham have released Razvan Rat.

AFC Wimbledon tweet an image, supposedly of Charlie Wyke coming in to extend loan. Twitter replies point out that he's left his headlights on. I suggest that it appears that there is someone else still in the car. Charlie Wyke favourites my tweet. I feel I have made a contribution to deadline day and thus I inherit the mantle of "Scoop" from GoGo.

BREAKING NEWS: CHARLIE WYKE DID NOT LEAVE HIS CAR UNATTENDED WITH HEADLIGHTS ON AT LEAGUE TWO CLUB HQ.

Who the f is Charlie Wyke?

Exactly!

Fulham have done really well today. Strengthened a few positions and got rid of some deadweight. Vital for them really considering the dogfight they are currently in and with teams like Palace, Cardiff and West Ham also adding to their squads. In terms of Liverpool......sigh I'm used to it now. I mean it says it all when our only signing this window is a partnership with fucking dunkin donuts

The lack of activity from Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs etc. serves only to make me feel even better about Chelsea's moves this window. Matic will be vital and Salah could give us a more natural option on the right.

(City didn't do anything either, but frankly their squad is so ridiculous to begin with that it's entirely moot.)